HybridZ

arizona camber plate install

hi wondering whos fitted arizona camber plate's like all there products great product no instructions

my first idea to install was to cut out existing 3 bolt mount leaving 5 mm lip then slip new plate up from underneath and weld from above

just wondering how any one else has done it any pictures would be great help

thanks mick

He used to have some intsall pics on his site. Looks like he took them down though. I cut the whole top out and mounted them flush. I had to notch my hood some too. Luckily a friend sugested I check before I paint. This is the only pic I have of mine http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=104662. I used a straight edge to mark the strut center so after I cut the tops out I would know were the strut was when installing the new plates.

I don't know if you have them yet but unless you get his struts too the strut sleeve is not included. This will be a problem for 99% of the people unless they have a lathe. Technotoy http://www.technotoytuning.com/ includes the sleeve.

I think that if you're using a standard Z strut then a normal 12mm lug nut works, because they are 12mm (x 1.25mm?) threaded and have a 5/8" outside which fits the monoball correctly. That's the way it is in the US, not sure about AU. I went with the MR2 struts and they have a 14mm shaft. I bought the sleeves from http://www.groundcontrol.com and they were cheap. Don't suppose that would be necessary for the guy in Oz, he can probably just have some turned locally, but for US guys that's another option.

not supposed to be a pic of the cddamber plates but its good enough. i did exactly what you said. cut out the stock top and welded in the AZC camber plate. seal and painted it. looks almost stock. im using AZC coilover conversion.

Stony

DSC00615.JPG

thanks clifton already sorted the strut sleeve was a bit disappointed when arizona didnt send sleeve or any suggestion that you needed one

guy i know has a lathe so after 2 or 3 versions we have a sleeve that will work

i am using bilstein vw rabbit struts which made it a challenge as the thread is 2mm smaller than the mono ball hole and not a real long thread area too so it limited the size of the spacer and still be able to get a nut on

the bilstein rears where much easier plenty thread and shaft was right size

thanks guys

mick