HybridZ

Pics of turbo, and custom manifolds, and basically everything

Guest alex86na2t

Guest alex86na2t

Ok someone asked for me to post some pics of my turbo conversion, so i figured i would post it here so everyone else could see too. Sorry i don't know how to post pics yet so here are the links. Enjoy!

I fixed it just scroll down!

Specs are:

completed: coversion to w series engine out of 88turbo,

custom made exhaust manifolds to relocate turbo and increase flow(also allowed me to use 2" solid mounts),

atomic custom made forged pistons(8.5:1,.089"overbore,805-552-0808 talk to nick),

eagle forged rods,

schneider valve springs,

schneider reground cams(270/262duration, .450/.440 lift),

huge ebay intercooler,

garrett 60-1 hifi with turbonetics evolution wastegate(joel @ AZ turbo & tractor),

fidanza aluminum flywheel,

msd high flow fuel pump used for mitrous,

turboXs knock off blow off valve,

xtd stage 3 clutch,

88t steering column conversion welded stiff,

removal of needless weight,

3-angle valve job with backcut valves and porting,

kings racing engine bearings,

NOS fogger wet kit (100 shot, at least for now)

880cc injectors w/custom made fuel rails,

1200hp sx performance fuel pump

and megasquirt to come, i have just ran out of money.

Guest alex86na2t
cool man....any pics of the car?

No, the car looks like ♥♥♥♥, previous owner was not very appreciative. But i have have a lot of request, the only problem is my camera got busted in the door at zdayz. I have had other priorities other than buying a new camera latley. Fuel injection is expensive!

previous owner was not very appreciative

Man... I hear you there. I have an 85T and the thing was... well... abused to put it lightly. The engine was even torn to hell. I had to throw in an 85 Maxima engine I had laying around because the stocker was so busted up. 50 psi compression anyone? :lol:

That thing looks awesome! Very nice work!

Guest alex86na2t
Man... I hear you there. I have an 85T and the thing was... well... abused to put it lightly. The engine was even torn to hell. I had to throw in an 85 Maxima engine I had laying around because the stocker was so busted up. 50 psi compression anyone? :lol:

That thing looks awesome! Very nice work!

Well i can't really complain. For $400 i am lucky it ran at all! But when i really dug into it, i found wuite a bit of stuff happening.

First thing was the clutch felt weird, found out the slave cyl was leaking so the pedal was sticking to the floor. fixed it then

It happened again, this time the master cyl. after that more......

Started to overheat, pulled over to find a belt broken, had it towed home then i found that it was using a v-belt and the alternator was a ribbed belt. replaced alternator and all belts.

Then if that wasn't enough a week later the timing belt stripped on the crank gear. Fixed it.

Then about a month later the oil pump destroys itself, i pulled the engine spent a fortune building my dream block and some temporary heads. Installed it. This is when the turbo conversion went underway.

Installed the 86t ecu and 85t injectors. Started once with a spray bottle of gas (Checking for spark). After that a fusible link burned. after months trying to find the short i gave up and decided to go standalone. Bought 880cc injectors and made some fuel rails and now i sit. Computerless! I have spent about $7300 and had nothing but bad luck, but i am past the point of no return and i MUST make it decimate all in the area. The hondas (also other 4 cylinders like wrx and evos) think they are unbeatable. But I will show those bitchs.

Nice manifolds. Do you have any pics without the heat wrap?

I don't know how much motor mount movement you have but engine torque might put your silcone turbo outlet hose into that sharp looking hole that it runs through. Maybe it just looks close in the pic though.

Nice manifolds. Do you have any pics without the heat wrap?

I don't know how much motor mount movement you have but engine torque might put your silcone turbo outlet hose into that sharp looking hole that it runs through. Maybe it just looks close in the pic though.

custom made exhaust manifolds to relocate turbo and increase flow(also allowed me to use 2" solid mounts)' date='[/quote']

:)