HybridZ

Nice looking electric vehicle!

RacerX

I believe it is based on an Elise chassis' date=' and I think the motor is in the back.

Mario[/quote']Most likely it is. With electric cars, you can have the motor pretty much anywhere as long as can get the power to the wheels. the ariel atom is still quicker with a 0-60 of 2.9 sec (quoted fromt top gear), with better power to weight than a enzo (atom has 600hp per ton, actual; 300hp to 1/2 ton, again qutoed from top gear).

Guest l28et
Most likely it is. With electric cars, you can have the motor pretty much anywhere as long as can get the power to the wheels. the ariel atom is still quicker with a 0-60 of 2.9 sec (quoted fromt top gear), with better power to weight than a enzo (atom has 600hp per ton, actual; 300hp to 1/2 ton, again qutoed from top gear).

The Atom is an awesome car, but you're missing the point. The Tesla is the first mass produced, "affordable", high performance ELECTRIC car. The Atom is gas powered (Ecotec or Civic motor?). The Tesla is sweet, requires no maintinence up to 100,000 miles (Minus brakes/tires) and charges overnight. I think its great.

http://www.teslamotors.com/

Go read all about it. You'll want one after you're done.

I never said that I didn't want one but the atom is more obtainable. The tesla, last I heard on the news when the premiered it at pebble beach, was said to have a projected price of $100-150K. Don't know if thats true or not, but most likely the atom would be cheaper. Plus all the electrical problems (if you do have one) would be a pain.

EDIT: ^ so its 80K, still to high.

I think theres a bit more to consider here.So what you have is a 80k car,what is that $1300.00 per mo?,with ZERO fuel bill for 6 years?Probably a slight increase in your electric bill though.If you have to commute more than 30 or 40 miles a day,I can see this car making a lot of sense.Especially if you are a tree hugger!Add your gas bill to your car payment and see what it adds up to.Not to mention that it is a very nice looking car!!

Most likely it is. With electric cars, you can have the motor pretty much anywhere as long as can get the power to the wheels. the ariel atom is still quicker with a 0-60 of 2.9 sec (quoted fromt top gear), with better power to weight than a enzo (atom has 600hp per ton, actual; 300hp to 1/2 ton, again qutoed from top gear).

those figures actually sound alot more like the tiger Z100 powered by two kawasaki gsxr1000 engines, tested by 5th gear: http://www.tigerracing.com/cars/tiger-z100-main.php

Electric cars have existed for years. What makes you guys think this car is going to be anymore succesfull than an EV1?

The guy who wrote that article is a moron. This thing, if it even sellls 1000 units, will do absolutely zero to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. Fuel cost will not be zero because electricity is expensive. The car will not be zero emmissions because it will still be charged by an electric plant fueled by some type of fossil fuel or nuclear power.

Face it, all these guys did was put a bunch of lap top batteries and an electric motor in a Lotus. Big whoop. Cushman has been doing it for decades.