HybridZ

New magnecor wires

wigenOut-S30

Well I got new plug wires finally. I have had the same wires since I did the motor swap 3 1/2 years ago. I went with magnecor and are very happy. I gave them custom lengths so I could route them infront of the valve cover instead of going over the top. Here are a couple of pics..

DSC00278.JPG

DSC00274.JPG

Here is a pic of what it used to look like.

8527motor_pic1_022705.jpg

Dont they make interference with one another when run parallel the whole length?

Yes you are more likely to get cross-fire that way but magnecores have really good suppression. Only time he might have trouble is if they get really dirty. BTW the best way i've found to clean wires is use wd-40.

Hmm.. I really havent noticed any difference when driving around tonight as far as destortion or anything.I have seen wires run like this before.The invoice just says custom-8. So you guys think I will get some performance degredation with them run like this? I guess I can try and turn the boots down so the wires dont touch eather other near the spark plugs.

Just use spacers in between the wires so that they don't rest on each other and it should be fine. If you don't have spacers you can use zip ties. Put one zip tie loosely around two wires, then put another one around the zip tie in between the two wires. Pull it all tight and that gives you about 3/16" between the spark plug wires, and you can just keep doing that every 6 inches or whatever until they're all held securely.

Hey Gabe,

Looks great! I really like the wires run around like that, over the motor just makes things hectic.

As far as the interference goes I think you will only have that trouble with cheap or stock wires. Im running SCOTT wires that are ziptied together and I have had no issues at all.