HybridZ

Arizona Z Car G-Nose on its' way....

Brad-ManQ45

Thanks to GetZ (Joel), I have the last Arizona Z Car G-nose on its' way to Georgia.

In case anyone's interested in seeing one: http://www.arizonazcar.com/g-nose.html

I PM'd Joel at random after doing a search of HybridZ'rs in the Phoenix area to ask if he knew anyone that could help by picking up and packaging a fiberglass part. He said he ships at his company all the time and could make a crate for it! I lucked out on my first try!

This outstanding HybridZ'r didn't even charge me for his time, only materials.

David @AZC didn't have the measurements right, and I thought we may be able to get it through FedX, but it was a bit big at 65"x30"x31" once crated, so it got shipped by GreyHound.

The crate and shipping was $120.

I can't thank Joel enough for his help.

What I HOPE to be able to do instead, is mount it and finish it well (probably make it thicker as Davids' stuff is geared more for racers, so a few more layers will probably be in order, then take it off and make some really good molds.

I know that someone bought the molds (in Ohio I think), but their website doesn't even mention fiberglass stuff yet, so no telling what/when they are going to do anything with it.

I also hope to be able to make headlight cover kits of the G-Nose, and possibly a spoiler/air dam for it.

Anyway, it would not have been possible except for the willingness of Joel to help. I just wanted to take this opportunity to let everyone know that there is a great HybridZ'r in Chandler, AZ.

BOUT TIME someone is making a gnose that's a respected source.

now how about one for an s130 >:D

AZ Zcar sold the molds a LONG time ago, and nothing has been made that i've heard of.

Good luck with it! I bet the fit is probably way better then the showcars garbage!

Mario

AZ Zcar sold the molds a LONG time ago' date=' and nothing has been made that i've heard of.

Good luck with it! I bet the fit is probably way better then the showcars garbage!

Mario[/quote']

arrrrrg. why the hell did they do that!?

now how about one for an s130 >:D

2nd that

I really like the way the one sold in the UK looks like, but I've heard the quality is poor (Frank?). Plus, price with shipping was gonna be like $1600-$1700 for just that piece. It's been a while since I talked to the guy, but I'm pretty sure that's the right price.

Really a bummer, because I love how it takes the "boxyness" out of the front of the s130. Oh well, I'll just have to make my own in a few years.

but I've heard the quality is poor (Frank?). Plus, price with shipping was gonna be like $1600-$1700 for just that piece.

The s130 gnose from Frank is at my place, and the quality isn't as bad as Frank says. It got some ruff edges, the fiberglass is good quality. Im happy with it. Now only to get it fixed on a s30 :cool:

There are some very good Hybrid members here in the Chandler area : ) , and some that will bend you over. FWIW, Mesa, Tempe Chandler are all one general area east of Phoenix

If anyone needs some insight on shipping fiberglass let me know, I ship my fiberglass hoods all over very reasonably.

Guys:

I have no idea what the ultimate cost will be.

I have done some fiberglass work in the past, but it was repairs.

I don't intend to make a lot of money, just be able to supply the part to everyone.

It will be handlaid, and I am investigating vacuum-bagging.

This will be a long drawn-out process and I have no desire to be bugged about it - my '75 project has been sitting for years without engine/tranny gas tank/interior because I have an '83ZXT that requires lots of attention.

I currrently have to sand down the clear and oxidized paint where the clear peeled off, then seal and paint. That along with some rust repair. Then there is MS-ing, installing an interooler, taking out the T5 and putting in an OD automatic....

The s130 gnose from Frank is at my place, and the quality isn't as bad as Frank says. It got some ruff edges, the fiberglass is good quality. Im happy with it. Now only to get it fixed on a s30 :cool:

don't you dare do that! make some molds before you mod it to fit an s30!!!

there are bajillions of s130 owners that would kill for that gnose!!!!

Way to go guys helping each other out, team work baby!!!

Brad just keep us posted if and when you touch the G-nose. I know about having cars and parts just sitting there waiting to be installed. They stare at me as I pass through the garage every morning going to work then again in the evening when I get home.

The Scarab gives me an occasional side glance as if she's saying why not drive me to work today??? Because the parts need to be installed on you plus you don't have A/C and it's going to be close to 100 again today.

Twins are taking up all my time that's for sure (8 months old now). I should just put everything into storage and forget about it until later.

So all that being said, and how quickly you're going to be pulling parts from molds it looks like our schedules might just match up. Figure on the 3-5 year plan, I'd be interested in one of your G-noses in about 3-5 years. Let us know if it happens sooner, or if you ever start a "list" I'd like to be on it.

Best of luck!!!

David

That time-plan may be a bit pessimistic.

I REALLY want to get the ZXT on the road w/megasquirt/intercooler/COP and automatic, and painted - hopefully by SEZ in March.

It is just TOO HOT to do anything in the garage here in the Atlanta area right now - even cleaning/sweeping the floort is a pain - and I have an air compressor!

To be honest, part of the 4 years the '75 has been sitting I was looking for a job, and the other part was building,staffing, training and running a restaurant.

I am farming out the electronics building for the MS project, because I haven't done that since before I was an adult (at least I've done bodywork in that time). The painting is intimidating, which is why I am doing the (soon to be) daily driver ZXT first. I don't particularly care about blemishes there, because sooner or later someone's gonna smack it in the parking lots....