HybridZ

courtesy nissan-no lash pads?

randy 77zt

ordered 10 of the thicker pads to set a head made with some parts i have had laying around.got email saying they are out with no estimated time of arrival.does anybody have a bunch of lash pads of various sizes i could borrow/buy/rent?came i have has about .540 lift and back side of cam was gound down to get the lift so i need .200 and thicker to try.

• Administrators

If you are having troubles getting lash pads, give us a try. Being as we specialize in custom Datsun L-series cylinder heads, we usually don’t have much trouble getting ANY of the available thickness of lash pads, though sometimes they may be a week out for oddball ones, but hat has been the worst case.

Paul Ruschman

ruschmotorsports@hotmail.com

• Administrators

You can also take an old .010” feeler gauge and using a pair of tin snips, cut up several small pieces that will fit within the spring retainer under the lash pad. As a matter fact, I just sent out a couple of lash pads and a few snippets of .010” feeler gauge to Hybrid member less then 2 weeks ago so that he can order the proper lash pads for his set up. Even a few pieces of .020” and .030” cut up for those really wild set ups is good idea to keep the stacking of .010” shims to a minimum, (Lash pads are sold in .010” increments). This approach to finding lash pad thickness works very well, especially for those only going through this process maybe once or twice a year.

Side note, Sears sells their Craftsman Feeler gage sets for under $6, That and at least one known lash pad, (say .160”), is a very cheap complete lash pad checking set up. Much less expensive purchasing one example of all the available lash pads and is just as accurate.

Hope this helps…

You can also take an old .010†feeler gauge and using a pair of tin snips, cut up several small pieces that will fit within the spring retainer under the lash pad. <> Even a few pieces of .020†and .030†cut up for those really wild set ups is good idea to keep the stacking of .010†shims to a minimum, (Lash pads are sold in .010†increments). This approach to finding lash pad thickness works very well, especially for those only going through this process maybe once or twice a year. Much less expensive purchasing one example of all the available lash pads and is just as accurate.

Feeler Gauge Blades: Excellent idea! I have a lot of old Brass and Stainless Steel Shim Stock from doing motor alignments, but feeler gauges are cheap, and probably provide more than enough material for an individual setting up an engine. I have done similar things with that bulk sheet stock for years. I always had a problem telling people where to get shim stock in their local area outside of an industrial hardware store, that Sears Feeler Gauge idea is brilliant, Thanks! Glad I logged on today and read that!