HybridZ

L28e To L28et Swap

AE2ZX

ya i looked at changing It..it doesnt look to hard at all ..just that cross member is really rusty .it would need alot of cleaning and TLC to gett it back to a good eff point to use it :( i was going to remove it just to see ..

however the bee's have made a nice size home back in that car so i must get some bee killer befor i can get it out ...most likly with the way it looks i wont want to use it ..is realy rusty ..that car was in the bushes for years befor i got it .

THANKS ALOT iwant240 :icon47:

ups showed up with my dissy ..no one had bid on this reman

81 dissy shaft on ebay so i bid at the last second and won the auction for $2.60 with shipping it was $12.60 good deal .the cap and rotor was in stock here at the parts store for $34.00 bucks ...wonders never cease:D

so for the price it was worth the wait . but i really hate waiting ...

still waiting on the clutch lolololololololololololololo

dissy.jpg

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rims sold locally for $180 to my homie Zcar john .

thanks john your tenth anny is going to look real sharp with them on it ..

i had a sticky rear left brake caliper so i pulled the one from the turbo car ..and swaped just the inside part ..it had new pads in theRE so , i clean them up the wire wheel and used them ..my pads were real wore down on that side do the the sticking .

but all better now after the bleading .iam going to do the same to the the other side in the moring the pads on that side should be pretty wore to , being that i have never checked them.

i better do it now ...i figure i better make this old girl stop real good befor i make her go faster.

i would like to thank all the people out there that are

helping me on this swap and anyone checking up on my post everyday .

i see the views jump by almost 150-200 everyday .it realy helps me stay on track knowing that you all are stoked out:icon46:

tomarrow is another day so more work should get done ..

hopefully more Zcar dreams will be had by ALL :icon47:

watch out for the flew .it will put u down ...so now that i was feeling better this afternoon ...

after the four day sickness .i went ahead and got a bunch of little things done that i have been putting off , oil lines for oil cooler clean up and trany cleaning done ..shop cleaning done .then i started working on .removing the rack from the turbo car ...at that point i felt all crapy again so i lazyed it off and took a napy nap .. i am feeling better now but realy watch out the flew is out there and it ant nothing nice :oops:...

Hey AE2ZX, sorry to hijack your thread, but I was installing a 280ZXT oil cooler and adapter into my car. I have forgotten how this thing goes in since it has been such a long time that I saw one installed last. Could you take some pics on how the lines are routed and the cooler is mounted. I'm beginning to wonder if I have the right thing!! Thanks in advance. Car is looking good by the way!! I'll post a couple of pics of my car when I find my camera!

Aaron

the oil cooler was smashed on the turbo car , so iam just going to install a aftermarket one that gray had laying around... i cut my lines that ran to it and whats left of it is still under the fender but there wasnt much ..sorry man ...bleach had took some pics of his when he did his swap i rember seeing them over at

Zdriver.com ..if you go there and search 280zx forums you should be able to find his post along with the pics you are looking for ..

i want to run my bov off this spot? i have seen a few pics of the bov run off this numb .is this a good spot ? iam trying to find a bov that would fit to this numb .anyone know of one? bovspot.jpg iam not going to hook up my intercooler on day one but after i get it running good .but i want a good sounding "LOUD" bov like the older hks bov that is on the ae86 gray owns however finding a older stlye bov like this one :shock:

bov.jpg

"would be hard to do " :( sorry bad pic But ya well iam sure you all get my point ..

so with all the bovs listed and there is alot .witch one's are the best .

i was thinking about this one .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=260030142793&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=270026017908&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

or this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=150030107582&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

or this one becuase i could eazly use it with the intercooler

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=330025631576&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

i was told that these are really good http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/R2D2-Sard-Blow-Off-Valve-Twin-Drive-Universal-BOV-FREE_W0QQitemZ8053918108QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33742QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

any help on figuring out what BOV would be best , would help me out alot there are way to many and i dont want to get messed over buying the wrong one ????

magic black paint pen ! i had few clips and lame spots on my paint ...

pen.jpg

this little black paint pen made my day ..:D

my car looks rEAL good in pictures but up close :confused2

now it looks real good , that little pen did the trick :icon47:

still wanting on parts clutch ,bov, then i will pull her all apart .

after thoughs items show up all i will need is a few small things from the parts store here ,sparks plug , wires , slave cly for trany .just little things .

still working on getting the rack out of the turbo car .

just being lazy with it .

Personally I wouldn't trust any of those cheap ones for $59 or less. Probably junk. They might work ok but maybe they'll fall apart one day when you need them.

Get the last one for $135. R2D2 :D I hope it beeps just like R2D2.

I just put on my Nissan Silvia (factory) BOV and it sucks. Its worse than the Forge one. It sucks in air at idle and lets out boost at only 4psi. What a piece of crap... :(

...now I actually have to spend money on a BOV... or basically I won't have one for a while.

i heard the r2d2 the other day i wasnt to stoked out :(

iam the bidder on the Hks one .the lowest link ..i know these bovs work good and sound great ...

with my car at full rev in second 5500 rpm and the AE behide mE fully

catching me. i could her bov so well and this was with my car reved out !people on the street duck and cover when i drop grears or rev hard ...its so funny !

everytime iam out front gray pulls on me hard ..with my ttops off and windows down , i hear him right in my left ear .he will shift right as he is pulling around me ..it soundS so sick ..the sound these hsk bov's make are intense !!!!!!!

iam willing to go as high as i have to ,to have this bov on my z .

so please dont anyone bid on it lolololololololol

:icon47:keep on waiting keep on waiting ...

hmhhm mabe i should paint the front head cover black..it looks kinda lame

motorwaiting.jpg

SO I LOOKED THOUGH MY OLD GASKET SET AND THE GASKET WAS STILL IN THE BOX :)

then i wire wheeled it, primed it ,painted it,cleared it .....yes yes much better now:icon47:

yes! yes !!! sparkle!!!

PAITEDFRONTCOVERHEAD.jpg