AE2ZX

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest grey_turboae86

:flamedevi looks like everything is slipping into place very nicely ZX... and clean too!!

the electronics in my car are all bluetop, so no gze ecu...

club4ag is well club4ag... i tend to browse and find useful topics, but rarely post unless something someone is doing bothers me or they want advice.. lol

i stick to hachiroku.net more

turbo turbo TURBO...went on a parts run to a few junk yards this eveing ..no luck:icon56: ...call my little brother because i was over in his town ...tell him iam looking for a turbo and he is like why didnt you call me frist ..lololol i got a t3 turbo on my 89 saab 9000 just sitting out back.. :shock: i about s@#% my self ...

so i go over thinking it wont be the sameone i need .. turns out IT IS ! .

it took five of us three hours to get that beast off but it was worth it

FOR SURE...

$50 bucks:icon43:it has NO shaft play .....its almost the same in every way the saab T3 is water cooled :icon44: so i will have to figure out a water system :icon44:

i will have to swap wastgates "sorry Bleach" :(..also i will have to reclock it

but that so eazy:icon43: .... Gray gots his turbo stuff on lock

THANKS GRAY :twisted: RED J :icon28: AND BLACK BUG :trippen:YOUR ALL SUPER SAVAGE WITH THE HELPING HANDS !!!!

so ya super stoked out. :cheers:

pics in the moring mid afternoon for sure :burnout:

Good job on that throttle linkage. You're an engineering genious! :D

nice find on the turbo as well. Go ahead and get yourself all set up. I'll keep an eye out for a local turbo or wastegate.

I finally fixed my main engine problems. Sealed up the injectors to the manifold by using proper holders.

well reclocking that wasnt as eazy as i thought it was going to be ..

took forever dam thing didnt want to break free:twisted:...

but its done and test mounted looks good :icon44:..still need to do some cleaning

and make the water lines work ..oil lines bolt up well ..i have to run down tO PT and cut the down pipe off the saab and use it.. not to big of a deal just more work .i also will have to mod the stock zx actuator arm just a little .

looks great super stoked :icon43:..but iam pretty tired and need a little break :wink:be back late:burnout:

turbo003.jpg

turbo002-1.jpg

turbo004.jpg

turbo005.jpg

Thanks bleach ! looks like the wastgates are just a little differnt ..

i will need the actuator but not the wastgate its self or my stock down pipe .

so its all yours if you want it :)

went down to get my down pipe and stoped at the meeting of the minds zcar meet ..it was pretty tight not that big of a turn out all the way up here , but it was chill .Bleach thanks for all the info and tips on the swap stuff your z is looking prime :burnout:

mettingoftheminds2006030.jpg

mettingoftheminds2006020.jpg

mettingoftheminds2006034.jpg

mettingoftheminds2006018.jpg

mettingoftheminds2006016.jpg

mettingoftheminds2006010.jpg

mettingoftheminds2006009.jpg

mettingoftheminds2006008.jpg

mettingoftheminds2006007.jpg

mettingoftheminds2006005.jpg

mettingoftheminds2006001.jpg

mettingoftheminds2006039.jpg

mettingoftheminds2006041.jpg

mettingoftheminds2006042.jpg

Been working on plumming got the water lines all done .

threaded the wastgate actuator arm so thats all fixed up .

will be remaking my oil dump line when i pull the NA need

the hose off that motor to finsh that up .

waiting on turbo flange gasket and dissy .need to order intercooler

piping and a clutch ........flywheel will be done by the end of the week .

bleach for sure next time we will take a drive with

both cars to see how they do :burnout:

plumming002.jpg

plumming001.jpg

test fitted the saab intercooler ..there is a post here about it seems its a good and highly tested mod :)thanks mobythevan your a true player:icon44:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=92933&highlight=saab+intercooler

for install into the 280zx you will have to cut the bump jacks at the end just a little so the intercooler will sit in the right spot...also you will have to cut in the two holes on each side of the radiator.. iam going to seal up the stock intake hole with a plate and some screws ..all of this will happen when my motor is pulled some time next month .i also changed front brake pads mine got a little smokey hot this moring when i ran her hard ..i had another set so i swaped them in ...it went alot faster then i thought ..

still waiting on parts ebay dissy and turbo flange gasket ..hopefully soon ..i hate waiting :burnout:

intercoolertestfit008.jpg

intercoolertestfit006.jpg

intercoolertestfit007.jpg

intercoolertestfit005.jpg

down pipe is done :) flywheel is done :) turbo flange gasket is here ...

i took the stock saab down pipe end flanged it out and found a 2.5" bent pipe

that was perfict .gray welded them up ..i test fitted it and turned out real good .its about 1/3 of the weight of the stock down pipe :twisted: .

flywheel looks like new! wish i had a befor pic of it ..

it was pitted and rusty so bad .that guy did a awsome job .

dpipeandflywheel001.jpg

dpipeandflywheel002.jpg:icon44:

i might go with this intercooler idea too. I'm at the junkyard alot anyways and I'm sure I could find one. Didn't look like too much of a challange either. Probly good for the amount of power I want too.

Oh yea, and it's looking great man! Keep it up.

I got that wastgate in the shop yesturday so i could have the broken studs removed now iam working on oil gastkets cleaning the turbo .really a bunch of bullshit .i need this dissy to get here so i can move on along with figuring out what clutch i want > :icon29: lololol whos this little guy :icon29: lolololol.

is he the little gangster smiley? lolololololololololol :icon29: .

slow :( its taking forever for that dissy to show up ...went and found some more mesh rims they where on this gray and black 79 zx 2+2 .

there 15" with 0 off set.. i cleaned them up some and painted one of them. i need to go get some more paint . the one i did turned out looking pretty sick ..there just like the rims i have now but , these are 15" and have more dish:cool:

..i may just end up selling them for $200 bills .i havnt made up my mind ..ether way i will sell one of the sets i have for $200 bills to make some extra cash .

on second thought:malebitch

after test fitting the one rim i painted , i think i will be keeping the 15's and be selling the 14's ..

the dish looks real nice :icon6:.after i get some new tires for these

there on there for sure .

rims.jpg