HybridZ

SR20DET 280ZX almost complete! (pics)

Chris-280ZX

After being rearended, fighting insurance companies (they wanted to total it), getting body work, and finally getting someone to do this swap for me...it is almost complete. The car has been at ZFever for 13 months, I haven't driven it in over 21 months. The car should be delivered to me this afternoon, he just has a couple of small things to finish up (boost controller, guage, new speedo, etc.). Onto the pictures!

P1020485.JPG

P1020486.JPG

P1020487.JPG

P1020488.JPG

P1020489.JPG

:)

Guest tparrotte

If you dont mind me askinghow muchdid this cost? Im looking at options for my car, and need to figure out what hte prices are. If you could PM me or just post it here that would be awsome. Thanks.

Looks very clean as always since Vildini does the job right. Yeah the piping looks a bit too long and the intercooler is a bit too small. How about those openings right by the radiator for the intake to go thru all the older Z's usually get all the pipiping run thru that. Hm i take that back...probably to run pipes thru there would take more bending and welding than just running it straight thru. Look great and clean that all that matters.

GREAT JOB and WELL DONE!!!

Thanks for the responses.

I still don't have the car back yet, a couple small issues came up (tach wasn't working, new throttle cable, etc.). Might get it today or tomorrow. I'll have to get back to you on the IC dimensions, as I'm not 100% sure. As far as IC placement and the like, I let them handle everything. As I said, 13 months it's been there...at this point I want the car back so I can enjoy it.

Don't know if I'll make it to SEZS, I think I have a wedding in Jax to be at the same weekend. Even if it wasn't that weekend, still probably wouldn't make it...it's a long drive from my new location (Vero Beach) and I'm not as young as I used to be. :(

P.S. Heard there was something going on this weekend in Gainesville though. Might check it out. Also, hope everyone is thinking about ZCon next year...as it is in Daytona and only about an hour from where I live.

• 1 month later...