HybridZ

Want to replicate this car

Guest markland556

Guest markland556

Ok, well my grandma has a 78' 280Z that they are pretty much saveing for me. Since im looking for a project car i think i found it. The stock bumpers are soo ugly i thought that car was junk. But now i see these slim bumpers and the car looks awsome. Im looking to replicate the picture attached. I have found the wide fenders in the back, but i cant find a good place to buy the front bumper or headlight covers. Also im assuming that the rear of the car is just a piece of sheet metal welded in there and smoothed out?

I would really like to know what style of bumper that is so i can search for it.

~Thanks

st1_thumb.jpg

st3_thumb.jpg

Cool, another guy from WA. Your best bet for the bumper is to watch the classifieds, or junkyards for a 240z bumper (70-73) which is what that front bumper is. If you dont need to have a chrome one, MSA sells fibre glass and carbon fibre versions. They need special brackets to be attached. To pull the rear bumper, you need to drop the gas tank out. Welcome to hybridZ, and please check out the search function and browse the FAQ section. Everyone will like you more for that.

Guest markland556

I down think ill be doing that lip. The roads in my city alredy have me thinking that the new MSA bumpper will be dinged up alot on the bottem.

Im looking where to buy the headlight covers not how to put them on. I havent found anything..

headlight cover install: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=111016

Get the MSA aidram that is polyurethane. I have it and it saves $$$$ from the first time you hit a curb while parking and it just bends in and no harm done at all. I have done the Home depot lip but with a plastic version. No reinforcement needed. I have 2.5" of clearance below it. You don't want that little clearance ith a stock or softer suspension. It will scrape just on hard braking. You do have to remove the air dam to get it up on ramps or using a jack. You can put a jack under the car from behind the front wheels if you have a full length SUV capable jack. That is if your car is not too low...

m43281442.jpg

You don't want to know how I attached that Home Depot lip...

I down think ill be doing that lip. The roads in my city alredy have me thinking that the new MSA bumpper will be dinged up alot on the bottem.

Im looking where to buy the headlight covers not how to put them on. I havent found anything..

How about a picture of this car your grandma owns???????

LARRY

Guest markland556

I would get pics, but im on vacation now so that really isnt possible as of now. I get back on the 26th, so ill put up some pics.

So far everything i want to add to this car is cosmedic. Im not so sure doing driverterrain mods will really be worth it.

Guest markland556

Im thinking once i get the money to upgrade to a bigger engine then i will focus on that part. I have never even driven the car so im totaly clueless on what it is capable of. Im going to think a little more about it before i throw another $4-6 grand in this kind of a car.