HybridZ

photographers... need help with this pic

RB26powered74zcar

Hey guys, I need opinions from those who take photography serious.

Below are two pics taken by my brother after I loaned him my Kodak didgital camera. After he returned it and we downloaded these pics, I brought up to him what I thought was all over the one pic with spots. This lead to him flying off the handle and a scuffle ensued. I'll leave that part of the story as is...

The camera looks fine now, and shows no signs of anything that could cause those spots. I have taken pics since, with no spots showing, or has this ever happened while I've used it. I need you to tell me, what would you assume to be the cause of those spots ?

thanks

click em

dcp0071ps9.th.jpg

dcp0075yu9.th.jpg

Well that is what happens when you flash with low battery. I have the same thing happen with a 5 year old Digital camera and my new camera. It only happens to me when it is really dark, the flash is on, and the battery is low. Here is an example:

this is with my new credit card-sized 5 megapixel camera.

m49559938.jpg

Well that is what happens when you flash with low battery. I have the same thing happen with a 5 year old Digital camera and my new camera. It only happens to me when it is really dark, the flash is on, and the battery is low.

I loaded fresh batt when I gave it to him yesterday. He only took 8 pics, and I've since used it with the same batt, and it still has life...

Thanks for the opinions though... :icon44:

It could be dust on the chip, most digital cameras have a self cleaning mode that shakes the imaging chip to clear them of dust, a lot of them do it on start-up. It really looks like dust to me, and in the second picture you posted, it looks like a fingerprint may be on the lense, but it's gone by the next batch. It could just be an artifact of the autofocus coupled with the flash. Those appear to be in a warehouse, and those are notoriously hard to keep free of dust...

I have seen very similar artifacts result from cameras taken from cool environments to warmer and/or humid areas... it can cause condensation on the lense and chip... it also usually evaporates very quickly, leaving the average user with no explanation other than to suspect their camera or another user of faults = ) Actually had a customer bring a camera in several time with artifacts we could not duplicate.... until I met him in his car, and found the camera sitting on his drink tray, right in front of the blasting AC vent. A forty degree difference will cause condensation in all but the driest environments... and I was finally able to demonstrate it, to his and my complete satisfaction :icon43:

PrOxLaMuS is right on the money..

Its dust in the AIR, NOT the lens.

These are also known as "Orbs" in the ghost hunting world... haha

Basically the flash is reflecting off the dust in the air in front of the lens, causing weird orbs to appear..... Do it with no flash.... no more orbs :)