HybridZ

Check out my car on tunerzine!

240hoke

Friends and I were just hanging out, mentioned Watanabe wheels and a friend of mine starts going frantic about this one Blue Z with Flares and some watanabe... "oh its on tunerzine.com" my response was a simple "Cool... ill check it out" Got home, typed in the website and BAM! Grats Austin, Car looks amazing. More pics for wallpaper!!! A true car motivation. Grats again

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Olderthenme:

haha ill write a little story...

My sick z car obsession started a while ago lol. I saw a 240z when we were on a trip out-west at a dealership and I asked my dad what it was. I thought it was a ferrari or something. I was still in elementary school then. I never forgot that car and always wanted one. When I turned 14 I bought some books about Datsuns that I found on zcar.com and read up about the different years and models.

My dad heard that one of his friends was interesting in selling his 260z he had been working on, but never really got it finished. The car didnt run when we got but we buffed the paint nad fixed up the interior, we ended up installing a set of down draft webers on it to get it running (can you say NOOOOOB). We had fun with the car and drove while I had my permit we drove it around to Z club meetings and shows. That summer I decided to rebuild the suspension after reading alot of posts on Z car.com. I ended up stripping and repainting the suspension pieces, installign new struts, bushings, and doing hte 4x4 brake upgrade. I did all the work myself andd had a blast. this is what hte car looked like at that point:

74260z1.jpg

Fast forward a couple months... I found HYBRIDZ muahahhah. After searching around for a while I was in love. I saw scottieGNZ's car when he had the l28 in it and thought about how awesome it would be to do this swap. I had some money I had been saving for a while and decided to start looking for a motor... I found a motor in a local junkyard for 400 bucks and went from them. That winter I tore the motor down cleaned it and prepped my car for the swap. Long story short I ending up with SDS, a rebuilt motor, an NPR intercooler, 370cc injectors.... and an empty bank account. Just in time for my 16th birthday lol.... I had the car on the road a week after I got my license. This was what it looked like when i got done at 16..

DSCN0844_Small.jpg

then...

From there on out it got worse lol. I blew the motor in the first year at the drag strip and completely redid it this time with a t3.t4 turbo and a few more goodies.

And the l28 phase 2 at 17:

DSCN1102.jpg

Whithin the next year... well lets jsut say the car was gone.

The day I wrecked it:

IMG_1204.jpg

It hit something large and hard and met its end. My parents tried to convince me to get a more practical car something newer and nicer. but I couldnt give up and after several months searching I ended up with my current 240z which I have spent the last 2 years or ther abouts working on constantly....

When I first got it:

DSCN4414.sized.jpg

DSCN4528.sized.jpg

DSCN4529.sized.jpg

hehe so anyway thats my story sorry for the long post

hey gasoline' date=' I bought my Z when I was 15...the last day I was 15. lol

back on topic...

How old were you Austin when you got your early 260?[/quote']

Sorry back off topic ... I bought my first Z - a 260 - when I was 14 but that was four kids ago.....

Cameron

those pictuers do make the car look better than real life! i bed he could take a rust bucket and snap pics like that!!! that is amazing!

any way i could drive up there when im done and get some pics of mine :-)

ill pay him a lot of $$$ :wink:

love the grill!

How are you going to say that about someone's car? I think his car is one of the best looking Zs out there.

It looks that good in Real Life too.

I first say my neighbor's SBC 75 280Z when I was about 13-14 and always wanted to buy it from him. I had no clue what was powering it or anything. I just knew it sounded really cool. He sold a silver 67 stingray to buy his Z. he would drive it on the weekends and to deliver his products to his customers. Then it was every other weekend...and then once a month...and then it sat for a year and he just started it the other week and took it to Road Atlanta (I think) to sell it.

Yea lol I never post on there, they pissed me off soooooo bad. Thank god for hybrid z, we actually have a good website where people are intelligent and willing to help.

Mr. Insane. My distributor is jsut removed and a block off plate put in its place. The drive spindle for the dizzy also turns your oil pump so you cant really remove it unless youre runnign dry sump. Alot of aftermarket engine managment systems allow you to convert to coil packs.

bring it, ive seen his car in real life!! it looks amazing!

i just mean, that guy that photographs those pictures has to be on of the best photographers ive ever seen---autin picked a winner to snap some pics!!!

he could probbaly make my moms volvo stationwagon look sweet like that!

and besides, i wouldnt be caught dead putting austins car down, hes going to rape me this coming up SEZ... we never did race against each other last year i dont think, did we?