HybridZ

Check out my car on tunerzine!

240hoke

Electromotive isn't that great. There are much better systems in that price range. Megasquirt 2 is getting pretty damn advanced at this point and has some very big developments in the pipeline that aren't too far off. I'm going to run it in my 280z. Go read around http://www.msefi.com for more information.

Regards,

Justin

JustinOlson - What next... eh... I dunno. Im back in school again for the year so tings will definitly slow down a bit. I have a few things in mind but I am jsut going to enjoy hte car for a while. The next mods will most likely be... a new chip for the my SDS so I can datalog and use wideband o2 directly with the system, arp rod bolts, zgad or similar cam, and methanol injection. Im also working on my own z32 tranny adaptor at the moment which hopefully wil be the next thing to get finished but we all know how long machine work takes...

bubbles - I hope I can make it to SEZ its looking kinda iffy right now, but if i go Ill be sure to line up with you :flamedevi. And Matt is right they are Watanabe center caps :)

Thanks again for the comments guys.

• 3 months later...

Looks great! The paint is some of the nicest Ive seen!

I got my 280z when I was 11 and I really havent had the knowledge till the last year or so to do anything (almost 5 yrs later). Im hoping to finish my car in spring and itll hopefully look like a mix of Austins and Cliftons (hopefully the same quality too).

That is a sweet 240z! I checked out your website and was wondering how much you have spent on your Z so far? I am 16, and I'm interested in getting a project car to build up (I'm on a budget.)

Stoggs: the key is to do all the work yorself. You save a lot of money that way plus you will gain a bunch of tools that you will always have!

I bought my 260Z the day before I turned 16 with my own $2k...

Just try to find a good rust-free chassis or at least one that is in good condition. Getting a straight car would really get you far past a lot of work that also takes time and $$$$ to repair.

Yup the key to building one of these cars is doing all the work yourself. Like OTM said, you gain tools, and knowledge, and still get out alot cheaper. There isnt a shop anywhere that will pay attention to detail like you will on your own car.

And I will say on the rust issue I cant agree more. Personally if i was going to do it over again i would have paid the extra money to find a car that is as rust free as I could get. I bought my car for 1500 bucks, looking back it would have been much smarter to find a really nice 240z for 5-7K and start from there.

That way you have a solid car to start with. After building a car from the ground up, again looking back I would have rather done a few mods here and there and enjoyed the car inbetween.