HybridZ

Some new Dyno numbers

Garrett76Zt

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds good...Just don't go faster than my car! Honestly tho, thats doing pretty good, but there will be some definete power to be made later on with some head work and a cam. 400hp on this set up isn't far off tho. A little more boost and some real tuning and you'll be there. Good luck!

sounds good...Just don't go faster than my car! Honestly tho, thats doing pretty good, but there will be some definete power to be made later on with some head work and a cam. 400hp on this set up isn't far off tho. A little more boost and some real tuning and you'll be there. Good luck!

I have to admit man, your car is the quickest L28 that I know of thats currently running down the track. . . So you're number one on my hitlist :)

I think I'll be hitting the dyno again tomorrow for some bigger numbers.

Guest 280ZForce

ah boys...i cant wait to hit the track for my 1st time and see if I can make this list and give you guys some friendly competition.

what was your motor specs/boost w/ your current 11.856 1/4 mile?

but garrett...get er dun! i wanna see real #s and times now!

ah boys...i cant wait to hit the track for my 1st time and see if I can make this list and give you guys some friendly competition.

what was your motor specs/boost w/ your current 11.856 1/4 mile?

but garrett...get er dun! i wanna see real #s and times now!

11.8 was my current .080" over motor, factory stroke, 8.5:1 CR. First pass off the street at 18psi with 93 pump gas.

Yep, i made about 5-6 more pulls on the dyno yesterday and feel I still have a pretty conservative tune.

418whp 407ft lbs

23.5psi

AFR's are 11.5 across the board with methanol injection

Total timing at full boost and redline is 19 degrees (Im sure I could add more in here to hit the 450hp mark)

Anyways, I'm real happy. I thought it would take a little more boost like 25psi to get my target 420whp. The car feels VERY stout and it appears to be a very safe tune.

I'm really looking forward to SEZ, although I'm apprehensive about my 60' times. I was getting the car sideways in 3rd gear even with the DR's on last night. Boo . . .

Guest 280ZForce

Congrats again! i knew you could break the 400+ mark w/ a lil tuning. Let's see those dyno charts!

I'm gettin anxious for Wed morning now when I go dyno tune!

Damn, that sounds good garrett! You going to up that alittle more or are you maxed out on injectors? It'd be nice to see what the little ol' L28 can do with boost!

Doc, I've still got a good amount of injector left 10-15% and I've still got a bit left on the methanol, I'm sure with a little more time tuning I could break the 450whp mark. I'm content for this week though, I just want it to perform solidly at SEZ.

Doc, I've still got a good amount of injector left 10-15% and I've still got a bit left on the methanol, I'm sure with a little more time tuning I could break the 450whp mark. I'm content for this week though, I just want it to perform solidly at SEZ.

Well, your accomplishments are not un-noticed in the L28 world I'm sure.

Pretty impressive my boy, pretty impressive indeed!

Very impressive. What size nozzle are you using? What is the pump pressure? I tried 100% meth this past weekend and what a difference in the power. Have you tried other afr's? I had mine slightly richer, I'm wondering where the sweet spot is for these engines.

I'm running a single -15 nozzle now. Im about 85-90% of gain on my progressive controller. I've been told to shoot for the 11.2 range when on meth injection. I've heard of some DSM guys running up into the high 12's on a regular basis with it. Seems crazy to me.