HybridZ

Some new Dyno numbers

Garrett76Zt

Well I just got my car up and running in preparation for SEZ. I had the car pretty well tuned on about 17psi and wandered over to the dyno today. Nothing serious, I didnt have my laptop for datalogging, I just basically tuned for AFR's. I will be doing some careful tuning over the next few days but . . .

Today i made 361whp and 360ft lbs on 19psi and 21 degrees total timing. Outside temps were 90 degrees and about 45% humidity. While tuning on one pass i added 2 degrees of timing and it picked up 16whp so I definitely have some work to do in the timing department. I am shooting for 25psi by the end of the weekend. My goal is about 420whp which should put me close to the 10's if I can pull off a perfect pass.

BTW I'm still running a bone stock P90 and cam.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 280ZForce

Congrats man and tune that sh*t out some more! gives me some good hope when I hit the dyno next Wednesday.

Although our bore is different by .1L and my head, cam and turbo is different, well way different compared to stock.

Guest 280ZForce

Good kill! I'm sure many more to come!

yeah, i expect good #s too, only thing that is really gonna hold me back for now I think is the stock n/a zx tranny and u-joints, also maybe my 440cc injectors.

we'll see soon enough.

what tranny and clutch setup you running?

I must admit I was expecting your TQ #s to be higher than the HP #s though.

oh yeah, I forgot yours isn't a stroker...or is it?

hmmmm...I wonder if a open waste dump tube vs waste tube that dumps into the exhaust has any effect on the power?

Guest 280ZForce

oh yeah, you rich bast*rd, i forgot you got the z32 tranny in!

D*mnit...wanna loan me some money so I can get me 1? lol...eh, 1 day *ponders off into a dream state*

G man - Thats sweet man....great numbers....what size injector are you running bro?

Yasin

Right now I'm running 450cc injectors + methanol injection. Thats one reason I didnt do any serious tuning. I need to get out today and see where I'm at with duty cycle before I turn up the wick.

Do you have a chart of the dyno run? What are the specs on the 60-1 you are running?

Great work. Makes me want to play around with my 28 instead of swaping it out.

Justin

I'll have to email myself the charts from the shop this weekend.

My turbo is a 60-1 wheel in a ported TO4B housing, Stage V exhaust wheel in a .63 A/R exhaust housing, 360 degree thrust. Courtesy SpeedShopThagard.

Its a pretty compact turbo in those housings, kinda deceptive. But it makes decent power and i start making boost at 2800rpms with full boost by 3300.

I'll be doing some more tuning tonight. I picked up some colder plugs which i will prolly gap a bit tighter. I'll be watching duty cycles carefully as I increase boost and fuel. Once i get to my desired boost level with safe AFR's I'll be focusing on my timing maps particularly after peak torque.