HybridZ

mazda rx...z?!?

v8dats

Gollum, I think that's because you're on the west coast. Over here on the right coast, we've got a huge sub culture (mostly puerto rican and cuban-I don't know why they've latched onto the rotary, but they love them here in Florida especially) of people that maintain and race old rx series mazdas, and rotary carrollas and Datsuns as well. One of the most dissapointing things about the first F&F movie to me (aside from the bad tech) was the lack of any car at the race sequences older than 93. Here you can't GO to a race without seeing somebody driving 80's or older cars. Just regional variation I guess. I like this project, I would love to see it run!

Gollum, I think that's because you're on the west coast. Over here on the right coast, we've got a huge sub culture (mostly puerto rican and cuban-I don't know why they've latched onto the rotary, but they love them here in Florida especially) of people that maintain and race old rx series mazdas, and rotary carrollas and Datsuns as well. One of the most dissapointing things about the first F&F movie to me (aside from the bad tech) was the lack of any car at the race sequences older than 93. Here you can't GO to a race without seeing somebody driving 80's or older cars. Just regional variation I guess. I like this project, I would love to see it run!

Sounds like the west coast too...but it depends on where you hang out. We also probably have one of the largest subsets of classic muscle cars on earth :icon14:

GOLLUM,

We have stuff like that here in Az. as well.I remember seeing one similar to that here in Tempe about ten years ago. It wasnt that nice though.

I think you don't see things like that in Cali., because the Birkenstock crowd generally doesn't want you driving around in things like that. Thus they make it more difficult to get them registered, especially in your area.

Here, as long as it passes the tailpipe sniff test, they'll let you drive practically ANYTHING....

Mike.