HybridZ

port matching intake

Guest dan4011

• Administrators
That looks like it would be a total bitch to work on at all though. One of the main reasons I like the L6 so much is because of how much extra room is in the engine bay and how accessible everything is.

Granted, but its potentially not as bad as it looks, depending on how the firewall is finished out. A hydraulic head is 'necessary', as well.

i just bought a intake with a weber 60 on it to go with my intake i had already ported a bit... anyone have pics of their weber mounted because this one was sitting in teh passenger seat and has no hook ups and seems to be missing stuff.. just a throttle body on a bare bones intake stripped of everything.

Mine still has the webbing, but I cut off the egr and made a small plate that I JB Welded on to block off the hole. I debated on cutting the webbing out of mine, and then decided it would be WAY more trouble than it was worth. I then began to kick myself for not cleaning up the non-webbed intake manifold I had in my closet when I had this brilliant idea in the first place...I console myself by saying I'm going to use the bases of the runners that I cut off as the starting point for a totally custom intake manifold that can use my Q45 throttle body, but so far all I've done is cut the runners off the plenum...

• Administrators
... anyone have pics of their weber mounted because this one was sitting in teh passenger seat and has no hook ups and seems to be missing stuff.. just a throttle body on a bare bones intake stripped of everything.

Here is a picture of a 60mm TB bolted to custom non EGR N-42 intake. I flipped the throttle valve upside down and then carved on it so it would cosmetically match the intake manifold itself when bolted up. Hope this helps…

DSC_7981Medium.jpg

anyway you can flip that over =) i seem to have a bunch of inlets on the top of the TB that are not hooked up... it was just bare bones.. and flipping it over ?? im assuming its because you use a cable style setup instead of the linkage??

man didnt mean to thread jack this..and ill try to take some pics of mine..maybe someone can tell me what need to be blocked off or kept and this will help out the thread owner too =)

The tb from my pic is off a KA24 from a nissan Stanza. I didn't have to flip it over because the linkage was on the correct side, but it did require a spacer, which you can see there because I left it aluminum instead of painting it to match. I don't have a better picture than that. Big_phil has a weber on his car, send him a pm and ask him about it.

• Administrators
So could I grind out the webbing on my intake manifold or is that a no no? Im not as familiar with all the various L6 parts so I have a had time telling if you guys are using 280z or 280zx manifolds.

Yes, you can grind out the webbing, but it would be a whole lot easier to find an earlier intake that doesn’t have the webbing.

heres a cell phone pic of my weber 60 TB. Large outlet on top is one of the ones i have no idea what it is for.

6af9c1121227.jpg

also my Tb has some kind of thermostat looking thing coming from the bottom with 2 wires coming off and going to a bundle next to the coil. am i going to be screwing up my cold start?? i thought all that was on the top of the Intake.

bed9a5d94cef.jpg

anyone else have pics of theirs attached and running.

yea i jsut got my weber 60mm on, i dont know what that opening on the top does, but it doesent make any vaccum. also, all i did was run a line from the bottom opening on the tb to somewhere in front of the throttle body, with the stock air regulator thing in the middle of it. i can get pics if you want.

oh god please pics LOL.. did you block that large opening on top or leave it?

jeez... just describe the whole processs step by step LOL..

seriously though.. pics would be awesome..

Did you perchance port the intake to match?? and what gasket did you use.

i bought some gasket material at Autozone and made my own but would like a thicker version.

Sweet thanks guys but drax240z isn't that the picture in the tech tips section of atlantic z car club or did you take the picture and they use it? Either way they spelled "original" wrong on their version lol.

I took the photo, I wrote the text, and I own the manifolds. Nobody else has asked me for use of that photo.

The "Large Port" on the Weber T/B is for the PCV line in some applications. There are some throttle bodies that have the line hooked up at the T/B, and not in the intake rubber bellows lines.

I actually scored one of these in a Junkyard, and when I started rooting around in the car, found the ORIGINAL T/B, in the weber big throat box, complete with installation instructions and blank waranty registration card for the Weber Big Throat!.

Total cost: $30.

SCORE!

Someone stole the photo and modified it I assume.

I know for a fact that those pictures on the atlantic Z page were "borrowed" .The 2 pics of the 12 injector setup was on my brothers turbo 240 Z.

And one of the last pics showing the throttle cable is my blue intake :D the same one that is in this thread :D

The "Large Port" on the Weber T/B is for the PCV line in some applications. There are some throttle bodies that have the line hooked up at the T/B, and not in the intake rubber bellows lines.

I actually scored one of these in a Junkyard, and when I started rooting around in the car, found the ORIGINAL T/B, in the weber big throat box, complete with installation instructions and blank waranty registration card for the Weber Big Throat!.

Total cost: $30.

SCORE!

any way i could get a scanned copy of those instructions cause mine was bare bones and im worried that im missing hook ups =0)

purty please LOL

I've had the MSA "big bore" TB on my car before the fire.... when my father and i installed that at the time.. we "smoothed" out the entrance into the manifold. When i redid it over Christmas time... I used a 240sx 60mm tb with no spacer, I had to bore the HELL out of it. There was a TON of metal removed from that. There is a big difference in throttle response from Boring it out and just smoothing the entrance.

Definatly work the time to take it off.

-Ed