HybridZ

TT V8 kit for sale on EBAY

For those of you with a chevy V8 wanting to go excessively fast with turbocharged blow through alcohol, here you go!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TWIN-76mm-TURBO-setup-for-sbc-COMPLETE-chevy-mustang_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ012QQitemZ220033356520QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Looks like it fits a z but as far as radiator goes, well, it'll have to be mounted elsewhere. I wonder if he ever got it going in the z and if he did was it too much for it to handle?

I'd be interested but mine's a street car. How would I keep this thing cool without a radiator? Since mine's a GTO, maybe I could move the rad forward (lots of room) and use a big-a$$ electric fan. What do you think, Doc?

That's why it took so damn long to get my car running. Sure you can stuff a couple of turbos in there, but doing so and keeping everything in there that needs to be there was the hard part, along with adding a decent sized intercooler. Looks like a case of someone who started the project and got tired of banging his head against a brick wall.

Holy s$$t!!! This is blazing fast turbo kit, i know you guys have been talking about street use, forget it that is defenatlly up for DRAG USE ONLY. I think more likelly you can mount the radiator a bit sideways covering the turbos, just like they do in RX-7's. But damw that thing is fast 7:50 on the track i wonder what his trap speed was...

That car will not run without a radiator.

Maybe that is why he is selling the kit rather than keeping it.

I doubt that car has ever been driven. He replace the upper raditor cross piece with an articlating strut bar. That thing must flex like crazy

Guys, with my experience, the alchohol carbed cars that ran in San Angelo didnt use a radiator or a water pump on thier cars. Alchohol burns alot colder than gas. I rememebr the intakes being ice cold to the touch at times. I dont know about street action but you def need one if you ran gas as we all know.

Interesting...

Terry

I bet you could work it out. You would have to do some clever ducting, and mount it horizontal, then you could do a water to air intercooler if you so desired to save on space. You could even put the radiator in the back, and run longer hoses, like JUN did on that orange drift subaru with ducts in the rear doors. That would be the hardest car ever if you drove it down the street!

130_0511_08z+Subaru_WRX+Driver_Side.jpg

The duct you see there runs to a radiator, and exits through the trunk.

That's what I wanted to do, but I dont' think the z needs that much HP to go fast. That setup is capable of 1500HP but he was only running about 1200! Only!!!, that is, he says his z weighed 2500lb in race trim.

Price is cheap, somebody buy it before Cozy Z Cole does.