HybridZ

Couple of Pic's of my car at JCCS

Bartman

Well I didn't win any awards and my car didn't make it home (at least not under it's own power), but it was a nice show nonetheless. Here's a couple of shots that someone took of my car. As you can see, I've put on a few polished items on the engine. I've got to get her fixed and get to the bodywork.

JCCS2.jpg

JCCS1.jpg

Well I didn't win any awards...[/img]

The engine bay should have gotten you something. I like the fact that you have done the work yourself on your conversion and are debugging it yourself. I also do my own work because I have no money left after paying for eveything else! :mad:

Davy

i was walking by as you were leaving... would have loved to chat.... cant wait till it's painted!
Sorry I missed you, I would have enjoyed talking with you.
The engine bay should have gotten you something. I like the fact that you have done the work yourself on your conversion and are debugging it yourself. I also do my own work because I have no money left after paying for eveything else! :mad:

Davy

I won a trophy last year for 2nd best engine swap, but they didn't give out any awards for engine swap's this year. Even if they did, I don't think I would have won this year. There were some very nice cars there, and I think in general the crowd wasn't as in to my V8 conversion as other japanese motor conversions. Still, some people seemed to be very impressed and were asking lots of questions. I started it up when a buddy of mine dropped by and people came from all around to check it out. Unless you look in the engine bay, the car doesn't look like much.
SO DAMN CLEEEAN!

love the exhaust tips! nice touch! on anything other than a high powered z i'd say RIIIICE!! but I think an LT1 sort of nulls any rice on your car. hahaha. thanks for the pics and update!

lol, the tips were a special request from my wife and kids. I try to keep them involved with the project and let them help pick out parts for it. I do this hoping they won''t mind so much when I spend so much time working on it in my garage.
NICE engine bay! How does that air box work, do you have a scoop of some kind on the hood?

The air box is open on the front, so it gets all the air from under the hood. I was thinking about adding a scoop like one on the Z06, but then I'd have to worry about moisture getting in.

Man I couldn't do with those exhaust tips. If there's anything sharp around where I am I will either cut myself or rip my clothes. I would rather cut myself because I HATE buying clothes. It's a waste of money.

Nice Z btw.

They are fleshcutters hungry to make a meal out of someone's unsuspecting leg. I made sure that the tips sit in further than the bumper to help prevent them from snacking on me.

I'm sure some people don't like them, but hey there's a lot of people that don't like the fact that I stuck a V8 in my Z either. Now let's talk about the M3 fender vents I stuck in my hood.

:eek2:

Good seeing you and your daughter at the JCCShow. Weather could have been better, however, it was a good day. Engine was very clean...lots of hard work there. Paint and body, yep, you need to address that, but that only comes with time (and money). Don't rush it, enjoy the build. Old Hot Rodders saying, "building a Hot Rod brings on challanges, that's the fun of Hot Rodding". Somehow patience finds its way into that equation! Anticipation, anxiety, frustration...yeah, that's where the funs at...LOL! By next HCCShow you'll be right up there, so don't worry - it's all good. Side note/Observation; if you noticed the trophy winners belonged to the larger Clubs. Only registered drivers cast ballots, so it actually was NOT a peoples choice. That being said, it was an "I'll vote for you and you vote for me", enough club members = a winner! Like the car commercial for VW says: I'm not saying their cheating, I'm just saying!!!", LOL. But, when you go to a car show, at least for me its not the trophy, it's spending quality and relaxation time with friends/family. That's really the fun part. See ya next year!

VAN

Good seeing you and your daughter at the JCCShow. Weather could have been better, however, it was a good day. Engine was very clean...lots of hard work there. Paint and body, yep, you need to address that, but that only comes with time (and money). Don't rush it, enjoy the build. Old Hot Rodders saying, "building a Hot Rod brings on challanges, that's the fun of Hot Rodding". Somehow patience finds its way into that equation! Anticipation, anxiety, frustration...yeah, that's where the funs at...LOL! By next HCCShow you'll be right up there, so don't worry - it's all good. Side note/Observation; if you noticed the trophy winners belonged to the larger Clubs. Only registered drivers cast ballots, so it actually was NOT a peoples choice. That being said, it was an "I'll vote for you and you vote for me", enough club members = a winner! Like the car commercial for VW says: I'm not saying their cheating, I'm just saying!!!", LOL. But, when you go to a car show, at least for me its not the trophy, it's spending quality and relaxation time with friends/family. That's really the fun part. See ya next year!

VAN

Good to see you and your son as well Van. A show is a good place to see other like minded people, talk about cars, and see what other people are doing. I don't mind not winning anything, in fact I didn't deserve to win anything either.

For some reason my voting card only had like five categories to vote on even though there were many more awards given out. Making voting only for registered drivers is not what I would consier to be people's choice either, and I think your observation regarding voting is a good one.

BTW - When are you going to bring this car you posted pic's of a while back http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=113341?

The Muscle Z will recommence once I have painted the Orange Crate. Building two Z's simaltaniously is a bit costly. Building costs range in average between $5 to $6000 a month for the past 3 months running! With winter setting in the painting aspect of the OC build is exacerbated but however not yet compromised. Therefore, it is imperative I finish the paint process ASAP! I am gearing up so that I can allow the MZ to consume most of my winter build time and with any luck have it finished and back on the ground by April '07. As the MZ build progresses I will certainly continue to furnish press releases and Photo updates. It all comes with time and patience. The latter of the two I am running out of...LOL. Thanks for asking...

VAN