HybridZ

Ebay Scam: My Car On Ebay

240hoke

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true, my aol account got jacked few yrs ago and I didn't know until AOL contacted me.

I don't think we can do anything about this, esp if this person is not in the US. If anything the Paypal account is needed to catch him or her, or some kind of bank info.

CATCHING THE GUY... Even with PayPal or any other banking info, these third-world countries don't care and won't help. To them, it's just stolen American $$$ coming into their country. Not only do they gain $$$, but a country they hate is losing $$$.

OK I couldn't resist. I emailed the following: :-)

PS. Can we meet to discuss the excellence of the car?

Please let me know when i can pick up a car. I only have the real U.S. bank cheque for $40,000 USD but I will need you to mail me a check for the balance money. Please send me a cheque for $35,500 and when i recieve it, i will send you my cheque $40,000 in exchange for the car in full.

Please send me the cheque for $35,500 USD and I pay you in exchange of the car.

Thank U.

Smith John

Wow! You guys really trying hard with this scamer, the funny thing is, that he probably knows that someone is messing with him. Lets think here for a minute, if he found thos pics, he probably found them from here hybridz. It couldnt been that hard. And now you guys wasting youre time to talk to this scamer and sent him odd e-mail. Where he writes the same thing over again, simply reply buton.

Well good luck!!!

Wow! You guys really trying hard with this scamer, the funny thing is, that he probably knows that someone is messing with him. Lets think here for a minute, if he found thos pics, he probably found them from here hybridz. It couldnt been that hard. And now you guys wasting youre time to talk to this scamer and sent him odd e-mail. Where he writes the same thing over again, simply reply buton.

Well good luck!!!

Hey, It's a slow afternoon at work... What else is there to do?

That's all you'd need... malware (from dealing with a scammer) on your PC at work that migrates to the entire network. Your boss will love you for that:flamedevi :shock::wink:

To respond to this for fun and hope that the person gets what is due him. First there is a Las Cruces County in the very tip of Texas just north of El Paso, so there is a sight bit a validity to location, at least that is how some county lines show up and most is in New Mexico.

There are so many Scam sellers on Ebay it is not even funny - just look under any 60's and 70 muscle cars. I have been looking for a Camaro and I would say more than 30% are fake sellers. One thing I did notice is that there are many that have some price listed and the letters bin posted behind it. When you try to respond to those with an email it jumps to the screen to log you into ebay even if you have been logged in before (this is a bs log in to get your account, which I verified with a bs test account I made to find out) The funny part is they do not change your password or where the email responses go to in this case. I was hoping they would reroute to their email because I have a very nice program to deal with that. To get around re-logging back in to email this you simply refresh the ebay window which allows you to email them directly without re-loggin back in and they don't obtain your info. What they are doing is creating an intermediate link between a real ebay screen and the one they splash to you. Basically once you select an action they try to get your info and when you refresh the screen you actually get to the real ebay page you want to view.

These scammers are getting better and better with getting info and taking money from honest and trusting people. Just be careful, do not use the same password for ebay and any important accounts like paypal or your bank accounts. Generally try to use different case letters in different places and slip in a number or two in the mix. For your own computers that are connected to the interenet make sure you do not just leave your computers connected up and running over night or long periods of time were you are not behind it, because it is very easy for someone on the outside to get in and quickly.

Best thing is just remember if it sounds like a too good to be true deal it probably is.