HybridZ

Ls1 Part #3

Ok I have a problem! I keep finding these things and I already have a motor. Just going to post some pics and tell the story. Hopefully the member here I contacted will pick this one up:smile:, if not then part out number 3 takes place here on HBZ.

I was tring to sell the rest of the parts left from the 02 Camaro (Paid 4 = $6200) and the 98 Trans Am (Paid 4 = $2000) on attempt to get my Ls1 conversion done over this winter to this guy here near school. He askes me do I still have a frame? I tell him, I junked the two frames I had....gettinf $25 for the Camaro and having to pay $30 to junk the Trans Am. He then goes, I have this 98 Camaro that my cuz hit a tree with. In my head, I am thinking what is it with these f-bodies and trees. His cuz was driving in the rain and the back tire blew out, causing him to spin out and hit the tree. He and the pasn was ok!!!! So since this weekend is my mid-semester break....I take the 2 and half hour trip to CT and see this thing. Car has been sitting in the "shed" for the past year and half, so no weather damage. Def, enough parts on this one to have it pay for itself! Take a look ->

Picture 001_thumb.jpg

Picture 002_thumb.jpg

Picture 009_thumb.jpg

Picture 005_thumb.jpg

Picture 008_thumb.jpg

Lucky, lucky, lucky! You just seem to fall into these deals. I wish I could be fortunate enough to find one, much less 3. Don't pass it up, I am sure you can get your $ back and then some. Good luck.

LoL, well I hope it works out that everytime I find one......someone from Hybrid gets it! More LSx Z's on the road.

Clive

• 1 month later...

Head-on shot:

47.JPG

Side shot:

117.JPG

Now you can see the damage, GM's saftey crash bar failed if you look really close at the picture:

38.JPG

Finally on the trailor for a 9 hour trip to my school!

28.JPG

I have one member here thinking of purchasing the car whole and if he doesn't want it in a week......I will offer it here to the rest of you guys. I would really like to sell it whole. Great chance for someone to part out and make their money back. So let me know........now off to find the next fbody! :-)

You do realize the current scrap metal prices are so high that metal yards are paying over $200 for junked cars. My brother says the high prices have motivated a number of his neighbors to clean up their yards :)

I don't see why you had to pay $30 to get rid of the Trans Am shell.

I had to pay the tow truck to come junk it, I already knew he was going to get $165 for the car but it had to be out of the yard. My dads shop is in NYC and you always have people going around giving out fines and they are crazy amounts. I rather pay $30 to junk the car rather than get $1500 fines.

Evil,

I'm parting out my '02 Z28 ... been putting it off since Summer but now I need money to fund the swap but was looking at e-bay a week or two back and noticed that things dont seem to be selling well. Since you've done this a couple times any recommendation how to part this thing out and when the best time to sell is? I'm thinking I should wait until Spring since people are spending their $ on the holidays but really need the space and $. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Camero

heavy85,

Are there any local fbody clubs you are a part of? When I say apart of I mean online really. That is a great way to post to local people so you do not have to ship items. I joined 4 clubs and it helped part things out big time. You can make people great deals and move many items at a time. This my first time selling parts at this time of the year and Spring does seem to be better time to sell parts. Ebay is really slow right now and I am going back to selling Z parts. If you do not mind how much did you recover so far? What methods have you been using?

Clive

heavy85,

Are there any local fbody clubs you are a part of? When I say apart of I mean online really. That is a great way to post to local people so you do not have to ship items. I joined 4 clubs and it helped part things out big time. You can make people great deals and move many items at a time. This my first time selling parts at this time of the year and Spring does seem to be better time to sell parts. Ebay is really slow right now and I am going back to selling Z parts. If you do not mind how much did you recover so far? What methods have you been using?

Clive

I've only sold off about $870 so far but that's only the wheels, rear axle&brakes, front spindle&brakes, nose, & battery mount. Needless to say I've got a LOT left. I guess I really need to find some local clubs (Central Illinois if anyone knows of some). I've only sold to two guys and both of them I race with.

Cameron