HybridZ

New pics of Darius240z!

Here's some newer pics of the car. It's at the body shop and has been there for some time now, you know how that goes. So they called me and said they just started working on it and expect it to be done and painted by dec 1st so hopefully I'll have some nice pics for you guys. All the motor pics you see now are rough. Everthing was pulled out before it went to the body shop and was all sent to the powdercoater. The whole car is getting sprayed including the engine compartment even though I already had it done there was some more mods done which messed up the paint again. Once I get it back from the shop its going back to the fab shop and the engine n tranny will get put back in. Then all thats left will be the wiring which I'm kinda scared about. I purchased a fast system for the injection and also purchased the kit that converts the opti junk over to indiv coil packets. I'm curious as to how all that is gonna work together but I guess I'll find out sooner or later. This is definatly the last car I ever try and build from scratch like this as it's pretty much a never ending money pit. Enjoy the pics I'll be adding some here and there to the gallery. If anyone knows of someone who does custom car wiring in the bay area let me know as it's gonna need to get done in a few months.

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o171/dariuskhashabi/240z/

Just plain awesome....cant wait to see the finished product. Darius what wheels are those and what off set? Are they available to the public? Ill be looking for rims like that soon since Im buying a set of the IMSA flares that are being custom made on the site. Those are very nice...

Terry

Just plain awesome....cant wait to see the finished product. Darius what wheels are those and what off set? Are they available to the public? Ill be looking for rims like that soon since Im buying a set of the IMSA flares that are being custom made on the site. Those are very nice...

Terry

HRE 545, 17x11 fronts 17x12 rears. Not sure on the exact offset but the lip is like 8 inches

• Administrators

Darius,

Can you give us a little more info about your headers? They appear to be stainless. In those pics, the curves and radiuses look generous. Very nice indeed.

1) Are the headers off the shelf and if so, what brand or are they custom one-offs?

2) What are the primary and collector sizes, (looks like maybe 1 7/8” primaries with head adapters?)

3) What heads are you using on this engine?

240z3001.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Paul

This is definatly the last car I ever try and build from scratch like this as it's pretty much a never ending money pit.

Yep, I could have said that myself about my 280YZ w/Twin turbo Buick Stage 2 build.

Black is perfect for that car.

Sounds like we may be painted at roughly the same time.

Good to see that your Z car will back in the game again. Money pit? What money pit? :mrgreen:

I think the YZ kit looks great with the HRE's of that size--they fill the wells out very nicely. Also, my gut told me you would probably go with black yet again for the color--it just makes the Z look "correct." Now, with the YZ flares, the look will be untouchable.

Can't wait to see the 'finished' pics when the time comes.

Thanks for the update.

Davy