HybridZ

Woo Hoo, Getting my 280ZG next week !! May be 56k compatible

EZ-E

Just thought I would share in the joy:icon44: of my new ride which will be coming home to me next week.

Unfortunately though it looks like it could take out most anything, it is still all stock under that exterior.

ALA all show no go currently but thats not whats planned for this car :icon54:

Ill probably go with a mild turbo build. Just to make her a lil more go along with the show, shes got the ZG front facia, hood scoop, looks to be MSA steel flares and a bre rear spoiler.

Custom rear taillight panel, still not so sure about that, rear and side louvers as well.

Nice set of Enkie wheels 16x7.

Interior includes a crack free dash, older Corvette leather seats and clean carpet and interior for the most and a still working stock radio lol.

Well enough of the talk here are the photos, tell me what you guys think?

She doesnt look to bad to me

car13.jpg

car2.jpg

car4.jpg

DSCN0338.JPG

DSCN0339.JPG

DSCN0340.JPG

While I agree on the hood comments, I think all this car really needs are wheels that fill out the body. Oooh, wait, and some non-rocketship taillights. Pretty kickass otherwise. I always love seeing a molded in 3-piece spoiler.

EZ, that's a car with a ton of potential!

Well I do agree, I dont care for the tail lights at all. The hood Im still up on, I havent seen it in person to really comment on it. Could be nice couldnt be nice.

I do think a stock hood would probably look better though.

Me I do kinda of like the lovers but that is another thing that Im well not sure on, looks decent in photos but in real life the thought might be different.

I had another Z with rear louver on it, and well I took it off right there where I bought the car.

I DEFINETLY agree that the wheels though looking nice, do NOT fill the wheel wells properly and that is the biggest thing about the car that puts me off.

Less the tail lights though, I really, really do not like them.

Any suggestions on how without having to do to much to the rear could I make and or work with what I have there to make it look a bit more appealing?

Maybe flush mount lights instead?

Thanks for any opinions and ideas.

Here is the best thing though, she isnt rusted and the cost, was well lets just say in the 2k range :wink:

Thanks, I still like I said dont know about the hood, I think it would probably look better with a stock styel hood, to make it more smoothe and the lines more flowing.

I havent gotten the car yet, picking it up next week. So when I do get it Ill take shots all around of the car.

I think the tail lights are the worst part of the car.

Looks like they belong on a 50's cadillac lol.

I like the hood... I'd keep it. Besides, you might need the clearance later for that V8 swap!!:wink: I like the wheels too but I agree that they should fill the flares better. I don't really recommend spacers, but they are an option.

This car is a classic example of pushing the limits without overdoing it. JUST DON'T ADD ANY MORE THINGIES... ESPECIALLY those ground lights and color LED's everywhere. NO RICE... PLEEEEZ!!!:icon54:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah most certainly did, the photos of the car that are on there are several years old.

I went to look at the car, it NEEDS. I will say this, the rust areas are very clean and it has a semi clean interior, the seats are nice. The body work on the hood is SEVERLY lacking, the flares and the gnose look to be well done.

There was supposedly only a little bit of sun damage, ie, exactly what I was told was, a bit of fading on the roof and a bit on the hood. All of the hood, the inspection lids, cowell, roof, tops of the doors, rear and rear hatch were all as if they were painted recently in black primer.

The brake lights were out, erm the headlights dont work unless you hold the high/low beam switch then they will come on.

Lets see, it was said to have a intake exhaust manifold gasket leak, I couldnt see this leak and or hear it, though it does have a exhaust leak in the piping itself. There seems to be though I couldnt see but could hear a leak in the afm boots. (mind you it was dark when I was trying to find all this.) There is at least one straight away visible vacumn leak, that is from the evap canister.

One vacumn is missing from that, maybe others there I couldnt tell you.

The car though just being driven there was hard to start. When it did start, it ran poorly, though I cannot completly comment as I didnt want to drive it. Revved freely though, but would hiccup a bit till it was fully warmed up, then seemed to be fine less the few vacum leaks and it soundling like it was missing.

Id say as follows, Pros, decent body work already done, decent wheels, newer tires, leather corvette seats like new and very comfortable. comes with plexiglass covers for the lights, new header and some various gaskets. MSA strut tower bars front and rear. Clean floors, battery box, frame rails. Engine though running rough, sounds free of any vibrations noises that would make you think internal problems.

Cons, piss poor application of the hood. Paint is beyond anything that was just, "sunfaded", gaskets at the doors and rear hatch are in beyond need of replacement. fiberglass work at the passenger rear needs attention (huge crack), eletrical and vacumn issues. Tail lights.

If it was for less, then advertised and I lived in the area, I would buy it, to fix and or repair the issues.

It does sit and look nice and it would, can be a very nice car with the work, proper work done to it.

I just didnt want to chance having to driver it across the USA.

Sad though, cost me 400 dollars for all theyre lies.

The pics you see above are about 2+ years old if not more. I couldnt tell you how old they are actually but the car LOOKS NOTHING LIKE WHAT YOU SEE. The interior is correct, though a bit dusty as if it were sitting.

The exterior though does not look N O T H I N G like you see above!!

Worst is I could have done better not went as far and bought Silents 280z and been a happy camper. Instead, spent two days flying and come home with a sore arse, the wifes car just fried the transmission and I blew 400+ for well nothing.

Yay me lol.