HybridZ

What is this weatherstrip?

Bob_H

So I'm slowly working my way back to having a fully put back together Super Datsun.

I had ordered the weatherstripping kit long ago and can't remember what some of these are. Since I don't have my '73 here anymore,(stored at my parents), I can't reference it for where these go.

I know the one for the hood, and the one for the rear hatch doesn't appear to be long enough to go all the way around, I forget - is it only on the sides or on the top?

-Bob

weatherstripping_thumb.jpg

I can post more detailed pictures. They aren the door weatherstripping - those are already installed,(including the ones below the door).

The main rear hatch weatherstripping is installed, and I think this is the "upper" one, although it doesn't go all the way around.

One of the sets has a cut about 2 inches down the foam - the ones on either side of the photo.

-Bob

I just got a full set of weatherstriping for a 280z. Here is the list.... Cowl To Hood Seal,Windshield Seal,Quarter Window Frame / Body (LH&RH),Quarter Window Glass / Frame (LH&RH),Sill Edge Seal (LH&RH) Goes Under The Door, Door Seal (LH&RH),Rear Hatch Seal Inner, Rear Hatch Seal Upper Outer, Rear Hatch Glass Seal, Rear Hatch Seal Lower Outer (LH&RH), Window Door Frame Sash (LH&RH).

It looks to me like there is two more that are either extras or ???

Maybe this will help.

I just got a full set of weatherstriping for a 280z. Here is the list.... Cowl To Hood Seal,Windshield Seal,Quarter Window Frame / Body (LH&RH),Quarter Window Glass / Frame (LH&RH),Sill Edge Seal (LH&RH) Goes Under The Door, Door Seal (LH&RH),Rear Hatch Seal Inner, Rear Hatch Seal Upper Outer, Rear Hatch Glass Seal, Rear Hatch Seal Lower Outer (LH&RH), Window Door Frame Sash (LH&RH).

It looks to me like there is two more that are either extras or ???

Maybe this will help.

Well,

What I know I have:

Door welting and weatherstripping,(the one piece set), rear 1/4 window inner rubber and outer frame foam for each side, rear hatch window rubber, front window rubber, rear hatch inner foam seal,(the main opening), cowl-hood seal , bottom of door seals, and that's all I'm sure of. The rest are in the picture above. I'm sure the one with the rounded part is for the outer hatch seal,(above the inner foam one), but it isn't long enough to stretch the entire distance - so I'm assuming there is two or three parts? Maybe the one I have is a left and a right which needs to be cut - however it isn't that long...(I checked).

My wife took the camera tonight so I can't take any photos tonight. Most of tonight will be spent re-assembling the RB26, not on weatherstripping...

It appears that I have a seal which goes under the fender maybe? I forget which one that was - but I thought it was rubber,(I don't have a rubber one like that). I also have some smaller ones of which I have identified all but one.

Maybe in time I'll figure this one out... :)

-Bob

So the camera is back and I shot the remaining ones.

The more I look at them, the more I think that the one with the round top is the top of the rear hatch and the two narrow ones,(not shown in these two shots but is just to the top and right of the round topped seal in the first post), are the left and right side. It is this other foam one I don't know. As you can see in the second shot - it has a section trimmed on one side. I have two of these.

weatherstripping1_thumb.jpg

weatherstripping side_thumb.jpg

The squarish ones go on the sides of the outer part of the hatch opening.

The squarish with the round top goes on the upper part of the outer hatch opening. It should be curved on the ends.

The "V" shaped peices go on the sides of the door glass frame on a 280Z. The 280Z frames have a channel for the trim.

The last two that have a section trimmed from the end attach to the frame of the quarter windows...I think...

Chuck

The last two that have a section trimmed from the end attach to the frame of the quarter windows...I think...

Chuck

Chuck,

Thanks! That's what I thought. For the 1/4 windows- the outer strip is U shaped and I didn't take a picture of that.

But the ones with the section trimmed - the verdict is still out.... And I didn't get any stripping which goes on the 280z window frames - if I remember correctly what they look like,(thin rubber strips)

-Bob