HybridZ

Might Sell

ZDrifter

Well I have been contemplating selling the Z. It still needs more work that I dont have the funds to finish..So Im asking for everyones input. Id like to get everything functional...gauges tuning everything like that but funds arent working out. Had a lot of plans but I still dont know yet so thats what you guys are for! Im asking what you think I should do and how much you think its worth. ok for the info, 1978 Datsun 280z rb25det series 1, full custom 3 inch exhaust, front mount intercooler, custom driveshaft, all new suspension motorsport springs and macphearson struts, racing seats, interior is near perfect, everything original inside except for seats and autometer tach. walboro 255 fuel pump. I have over $8,000 invested and I have had people say they'd pay 12K for it. 160K on body, around 50K on motor. 99.9% rust free, only rust is surface about 2 inches on both sides under doors. So what do you think? and Yes i do drive it everyday. Here are my pics

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=16411

I was gonna say about $7-$8k. It looks like it has alittle damage on the left rear quarter, and needs paint on the hood? Unless you find someone really into drifting or auto-x, to get the big bucks on a sale you need great body, paint, and rims to go with that drivetrain.. Just my opinion from what i've seen sell. There's always a buyer who will love that setup, so try high and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maybe I'm missing something but you state that you are in a financial bind to finish the car but yet you are going to go test drive some SVT Cobras?? Test drive normally means you are in the market for a vehicle which would indicate that you have atleast SOME funds. A montly payment on a cheap 25k used SVT would be enough to finish this car within 6-12 months. If you are looking at a new SVT then I don't see how you are having these "Financial" issues. :icon56:

My vote is to suck it up and keep it, I mean are you really going to get all your time and effort out of it in addition to the cost of your parts? I wouldn't think so.

Yea it was a phase...lol we all have em but im gonna keep the car and just start building the **** out of it. Not meaning right now but over the years save for things here and there. Right now im gettin the gauges figured out and electric fan and such. After that then the boost controller :). I want to get megasquirt for my car but I havent seen anyone yet that have used it on a rb25. So its hard but hopefully i can figure it out..