HybridZ

what should i do

REDNECK

hey big - phil

thought about that but unlesss u got a full licence u cant have a turbo or S/C vechical

australian law stupid but thats the way it is

( all cause some dipstick put his r33/34 skyline into a pole killing him and passangers)

i want to go N/A nothin like the sound of throttle body noise

The N42 Is The Best Head Of The Ones Listed. Bigger Valves Than The E88 And Better Exaust Port Shape Than The N47 Which Has The Same Chamber.a F54 Block Flat Top Pistons And The N42 Head Will Give You Over 9:1 Compression. If You Mill The Head And Go With A Cam With Lots Of Overlap You Can Get Away With The High Compression . The Overlap Will Bleed Off Some. Be Sure To Make The Head Really Smooth To Prevent Detonation From Hot Spots.as For As Stock Cams Go, Naviathan Is Right On About The 260 Cam. Highest Lift And Duration.the Big Cam Will Give You More Power Up High But Cost You Down Low.use An Electric Fan And Synthetic Oil To Free Up A Few More Ponies.an Old Maxima Flywheel Is Lighter And Will Help Revout In The First Two Gears But Is Not Noticeable After That.are You Using Carbs Or Injection?

Try A Turbo Throttle Body And A Msd Ignition With The Tripple Fire Featue Under 4000 Rpm. You Can Trick The Cold Start Injecter To Richen Things Up And The Msd Will Help With The Richness Issue. Then Theres The Mega Squirt Fuel And Fire Controll Way To Perfect Your Fuel Ratio But That Part Is Beyond My Experiance.see The Links On The Home Page About That.

Guest Crispy Chicken

Can't you hide a turbo in the glove box or something? haha What would have happened if that kid had a na engine in his car would they have banned all skyline's? Maybe they should have people dyno their cars every year and have a limit on HP. Have like dyno stations everywhere like emission's a few years ago here in the states.. lol

Derek

What skyline are you putting this together for? I built a 3.1 for my KGC10 cause that was all I could fit into it at the time. I am hoping to be able to squeeze a turbine setup in there someday though. I really like the L6 with ITB's. There is a company in AUS that makes them. Forget the link but I almost bought them before I found Redline here in SoCal. F54 block with the N42 head is a good combination. You will be able to get alot from it down there where quality gas is still available.

best thing to do is get a 240sx throttle body and spacer/adaptor. I can fish one out of the local yard if you want. LMK im willing to help you ship it over there. Its a 60mm TB.

Or a BMW 65mm off a I-6 or similar. might have one of those around. Theres alot of writeups, really you can use anything in the 60-70mm range you just have to mount it and hook it up.

~Alex

trying to find a turbo throttle body in australia is like finding a patrol in the states lol i'll look around but there rare around these parts

Have you looked at getting one form across the water, from our sheep loving neighbor ? (New Zealand)

Just a quick note....are you sure on the Australian law?

I think you may be surprised (wrong) if you check, it does depend on what state or territory you are in... But I'm in Victoria and have only ever once heard of such restrictions, methinks it'll be a broader power to weight restriction (and a cost of insurance restriction).

Anyway, not sure but I'd check.

Huw

Huwwatki there bringing that law in australia wide befor to long but in N.S.W theyve already brought it in its stupid i cant even have a tdi patrol cause of it

yes they are bringing this law into QLD soon, but thank god those of us already on our Ps can drive whatever we want. There is no way in hell i would be selling my turbo 280ZX