HybridZ

My New (rear) Wheels!

I finally got my new rear wheels installed and would like to share them with you icon_smile.gif

Click to See Pictures

These are Cobra "R" copies from Performance Wheel Outlet

Performance Wheel Outlet

But... the reason I went for these rather than OEM Ford is that they are available in 10.5 inch wide! I wanted to get as much tire as possible under the rear and these fit the bill. They are 10.5 x 17 and I have 275-40-17 tires mounted. In order to get these to fit I had to use coil-overs which allow me to use about 5.5 inch backspacing. These wheels are +28mm offset, so I am using a 1.25 inch bolt on spacer to achieve the right spacing. I am also using flares from Motorsports Auto and I had to re-drill the hubs for 5-lugs.

Now I have to do the fronts!

Paul

[ August 16, 2001: Message edited by: Paul R ]

Paul, I have to thank you for sharing, but for some reason, I cannot pull up the pics! I hate that...is it a IE thing or what? Anyone with Netscrape see the pics?

Paul, the measurements seem inspiring to me, are you running flares or what? 10 inches wide--hooo boy! This is something I'd like to see.

Davy

geocities disabled linking of files and images to prevent overflow of traffic. only places that geocities allows linking to are hotornot.com and ebay.com, i think. probably some other online bidding services too. You can copy/paste the image location in a new window, and that'll work.

I put the files locally on my server, so here they are:

drax240z1.jpg

drax240z2.jpg

Damned work browser won't grab your pics Paul! You coming up in September for our show? Wish I was at Pt. Townsend this wknd to shoot of a bunch of pics of your monzter

icon_biggrin.gif I got extra camera 'ram' enroute for our autox/boundary bay/West. Van show. I'll be able to shoot 1080 pics same res as those Mt. Baker pics icon_wink.gif , if I stop racing and drooling long enough to shoot 'em icon_cool.gif

I can't see your pics but I love that wheel style......no comment from you on how well you're spinning 'em up now..let's hear it icon_razz.gif

Thanks for all the help in trying to get these links viewable. I did some research and its true, geocities wont let you link to files from another non-geocities site, but you can link to a page. So, sorry for the confusion. If you still want to see the pictures, i put them on this page:

Rear Wheels

quote:

Originally posted by BLKMGK:

Aux, try hosting the WEB server (please God, NOT IIS! Anything but that!) on another port and you can direct to that
icon_smile.gif
IP address would look something like this
the colon does the magic so to speak (a punny!).

Yeah, I know. I usually resort back to port 81 incase this happens, but unfortunately, my cable modem is also capped. When I had a lancity, I'd uncap it (well, it's a dumb router, I'd create 2 static arp entries with rfc 1918 addresses, and put in new static routes, making my cable mode its own router). Unfortunately, the new replacement (lan city died) is an RCA, with flashable bios. @home flashes it every now and then (read: twice a week), so it'd be pointless to uncap it, even if uncapping worked.

Oh, and I run apache. the reason @home is blocking port 80 is because of code red crap. Too many people run iis

[ August 16, 2001: Message edited by: auxilary ]

I get HTTP hits (probably port 80, haven't looked) about once every 5 minutes in the last few weeks (since the first of the month. Must be Code Red hits. Many come from @home (which I'm one) and other cable modem users. They look to be non-commercial users like me - probably running IIS. Too bad MS put that on the Win2K CD!

I run NetworkIce's blackIce and it reports this stuff (as well as other stuff). One thing's interesting, other hits are way down (Subseven probes, TCP probes, NTTP probes, etc.) Maybe Code Red is drowning out the other hackers?

Anyway, I haven't been reporting any of the hits on the HTTP port probes, figuring the ISPs will shut them down eventually. Should I? IT's a bunch of work. I almost always report Subseven port probes. I had that virus once a few months ago and had to reinstall the OS icon_mad.gif

Of topic again icon_smile.gif Oh well.

Okay, since I do computer security for a living...

Check out Tiny Personal Firewall from Tiny Software. It's a VERY easy to setup (free)personal firewall that works great on NT etc. but it does require some knowledge of firewalls. It guides you some but it helps to understand networking and firewalls.

Network Ice is also good and makes for a nice IDS - I ran it at DEFCON and had a blast watching the junk bounce off. It's not free though and tey offer NO trial last I looked, that's stupid for a company making such wild claims! I've worked with it for customers that have it licensed but don't own it myself. You might want to look at some of the 3rd party tools that have been written to write reports from it's data etc. I've been told that some of them are pretty good. Note that since Network ICe uses the Jet (Access) database engine that IT has been subject to at least one exploit that I'm aware of icon_biggrin.gif

TPF works best for securing something you're not going to spend a ton of time monitoring - like my WEB server icon_rolleyes.gif A scan on that puppy won't return much at all - or certainly shouldn't anyway.

I run @Guard on my primary machine for it's ad blocking abilities, cookie management (WEB Bugs!), and ActiveXJava protection if I desire. It'll also kill those damned X10 ads if I so desire. Unfortunatly Symantec bought the technology, gives no upgrade path to prior users, and screwed up some features (sigh).

TPF has some advantages over both Network Ice and @Guard in that it CRCs executables to prevent spoofing by trojans. Network Ice MAY have this now but didn't last I looked.

Steve Gibson's "Shields Up!" test is a good one to check out especially for those of you running NO protection at all. You'd be horrrified to see the junk WINx barfs up by default!

Zone alarm is another popular IDS that's also free but I hear mixed reports on it's ability to screw up the host machine icon_smile.gif I've never used it (shrug).

Do realize that most of these tools won't do squat if there's a problem with an app you run that looks like normal traffic to the IDS or firewall - they might even introduce their own vulnerabilities to your system! The Code Red thing is a perfect example - it comes in Port 80 and looks like a weird HTTP request (buffer overflow attack) that will go right past most firewalls. There are several exploits on IIS that do this icon_rolleyes.gif

Those that get cute with my WEB server will find that it's software has been patched and that it's NOT IIS. I'd not run that software if could help it. With over 75 exploits out there for it vs about 15 for Apache and a number somewhere in-between for Netscape's junk I'd say IIS is a bad idea. Note that MSFT has just released an Uber Patch to fix all known vulnerabilities in IIS and 5 they didn't mention (ahem). They've also released a tool to check NT systems for needed patches, I'd suggest everyone look it up if they're running NT, IIS, MS SQL, etc. etc. They really ARE out to get you!

Hrm, Dan what software is this server hosted on? I've NOT scanned it or looked at any headers but could take a cursory look if I was given some sort of letter of permission by someone responsible. I'd be really pissed if someone hacked this sucker since we've go so much good helpful information here that might be lost (shiver). Lemme' know!

P.S. Gee Pete, what's wrong with a little friendly Port Scan? You don't mind people knocking on your door at home do you? icon_smile.gif I'd say most ISP don't care about reports of scans, they're usually pretty busy with other things and more serious hacks. My luck getting results on scans has been pretty poor unless it's an honest to gosh documented hack attack. It really shocks them when you can provide full details of the attempt too!

Thanks for writing all that.

No problem with port scans, it's just driving me a bit nuts checking what that little icon on the taskbar is flashing about. Before this month, I had only a few HTTP port scans. These aren't friendly either, they're Code Red virus originated.

BTW, I DO report Subseven hack attacks with all the documentation they want and I usually get info back that something has been done with the offender (although they never will say WHAT). I figure they're just script kiddies, but I love smacking them a bit. Punks are punks, whether behind a computer or driving their rice junk.

• 4 weeks later...