HybridZ

Maiden Voyage down the 1320'

So with the stock diff, stock suspension, 195/60/14 tires this is what I managed to eek out with a stock 2001 ls1 engine and T56.

http://video.ls1tech.com/video/214f1930-3080-4c99-abeb-986b00d26789.htm

Impressive numbers. Looks like you can easily hit the 11's with a few changes. Glad to know that a stock motor will pull those kind of numbers. Did you have the motor dyno tuned?

I have only run my LS1 240Z once in the quarter mile. I also had 195/60/14 tires and a Nismo R180 LSD with 3.54:1 gears. I couldn't get any traction and I ran a 13.1.

Now that I have had it dyno tuned and have wider tires, I hope go go back soon and see what it will do.

anyone have a rough "guesstimate" of what kind of power those put to the ground in stock form? Thats some great numbers for a stock motor.

Mine is a stock 2002 Camaro SS LS1 motor. Sanderson headers and cold air intake.

Without tune it made 317 to the wheels, with tune it made 340 on its best pull.

So was that run before or after the tune? wow... Thats nice numbers, but I expected it to be more with those times. Not saying anything bad... Im just used to "heavy chevys" that take alot more power to get numbers like that. My old 85 camaro was putting those kinds of numbers to the ground and the only time I ran it (with a 3.08 pegleg) was a 15.03 spinning tire past the 60' mark.... so yeah, Im impressed.

So was that run before or after the tune? wow... Thats nice numbers, but I expected it to be more with those times. Not saying anything bad... Im just used to "heavy chevys" that take alot more power to get numbers like that. My old 85 camaro was putting those kinds of numbers to the ground and the only time I ran it (with a 3.08 pegleg) was a 15.03 spinning tire past the 60' mark.... so yeah, Im impressed.

A big difference between a 3500 + pound camaro and a 2600 240Z.

The vid shows his speed at 116 he states 2600 lbs to run that spped he has 310 hp at the rear wheels.. give or take 5 hp either way .. using this same method i was 3 hp off mine when i took it to a dyno ... power speed calculators really work .....and not the ones online the hand help card board ones ...lol