HybridZ

Water pump seal keeps blowing

ZDrifter

sure your waterpump is not cracked?

If you got your engine out of a front cut that was wrecked in the front the waterpump is the first thing on the motor to break. either cracks the waterpump or breaks off the mounting tab on the block.

No im sure, I looked at it when I took it off the motor, also its only 2 months old. Whenever I pressurize the system the water pump seal goes within 20 seconds, so that leads me to the cap, the thermostat is probably a month and a half old so I doubt thatd be it. What cap does everyone use??? Need some help fast I hate walking everywhere haha.

well it depends . some cars use an actual gasket some use RTV. but don't use both

if there are no cracks perhaps there is a clog somewhere causing a pressure buildup before the cap. so the pressure buildup would not cause the cap to blow.

seems very odd as the cap should blow way before the gaskets

I had that problem in the L28 block.. I replaced quite a few gaskets in a few months.

Here is what you do. Get a flat file.(no handle) Lay it on the surface flat and file all around the mating surface. Do the same for the water pump (probably wont need it, or very little)

It solved my gasket problems.

Yea its leaking from the bottom....It sucks because its only a few months old and now that i just moved to arizona with it i dont have any of my tools...figures... atleast i got the car done haha but ill have to get rid of it still so if anyones interested go ahead and PM me. Ill have it fixed and running this week so you wont be buying a pig...haha