HybridZ

how loud is your turbo

MaTTSuN

mine is really loud too, mainly in my case due to a small 'step' in the intake just before the blades that causes alot of turbulence.

depending on where you a listening from, from the front, the intake is louder, from behind the exhaust is really loud (3inch straight thru)

i have that "step" too goes from 3inch intake to 2 1/2 to the turbo then 2 1/2 to 3 inch off the turbo.

the turbo seam louder since i took the greddy style bov off now its a loud wooshing all the time. with the BOV a didnt even get the cool whistle i was looking for maybe i need a diff BOV thats what cheep a$$ ebay stuff does for you i guess

um the turbocharger does not go backwards...

it simply slows down.. only in SEVERE cases with extremly high RPM levels and very high boost levels the turbo surge will be intense enough to bend or break the blades. But it will not go backwards

Where do you see me saying the turbo goes backwards? lol. NP Also, the SURGE.. May not bend or break blades at modest boost levels but it will cause exsessive wear on the bearings/bushings.

Really it was about how loud is your turbo. I only added the coment about the BOV after someone said their turbo was making a louder whooshing sound after the removed the BOV. With lots of piping and intercooler the surge can lessen the life of your turbo. Was only trying to add some tech for people that might not know.