HybridZ

motor install pics, Holset, P90... lots of PICS>>>

big-phil

I'm running about 10 pounds of boost, and I have NEVER!! felt horse power like this. I think my other moter was never all there, because this is crazy push you back in the seat kinda stuff. 1st gear has no tracktion at all, 2nd same thing, and broke it loose in 3rd. When I pushed the T3 to 15 pounds it was NOTHING like this.

The motor is another $100 1975, dished piston motor. Nothing speacial. I put my P90 head on, my Holset hy35. I'm now going to get MSnS. And run this motor for about a year (if it will last) then put some forged pistons in my turbo block thats in my shop.

32220254082.jpg

32220254186.jpg

32220254173.jpg

32220254195.jpg

32220254285.jpg

32220254225.jpg

32220254365.jpg

32220254341.jpg

32220254333.jpg

32220254464.jpg

32220254468.jpg

32220254497.jpg

32220254569.jpg

32220254577.jpg

32220254632.jpg

32220254618.jpg

32220254660.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks great phil!!! YOu need to do a video!!!

You still runing a dump pipe?

Is theis the motor you got the other week with flattops but with your other dished pistons?

Another thing... With the rustoleum paint job you don't get all upset if you scratch the paint...

This is yet another motor I bought saterday morning at AllZ for $100 it had dished pistons already.

Guest 280ZForce

Phil... I seriously recommend getting palnet's billet fuel rail to clean up that engine bay and some bigger fuel injectors to throw into it) if you don't have some yet.

But looking good...Holset power!

10 psi, that turbo isn't even really breathing yet... get up around 15 and it starts being efficient. I've hit 18 psi a few times and holy sh*t, talk about being thrown back and pinned to your seat.

the other $100 motor is an F54 non turbo. It needs to be bored? I'm going to keep the turbo block.

Aren't all F54 blocks the same except one oil hole?

I am looking to get a bare (ie no crank or anything) F54 block just to start my build...I already have an L28 crank from my L26 and the same L28 rods...

You really need to do a video of this puppy!!!

Rocking those garage oil stains!!!

Aren't all F54 blocks the same except one oil hole?

I am looking to get a bare (ie no crank or anything) F54 block just to start my build...I already have an L28 crank from my L26 and the same L28 rods...

You really need to do a video of this puppy!!!

Rocking those garage oil stains!!!

The turbo F54 has the knock sensor threaded already, but from what I've done twice now, its not that hard to thread it yourself.

I almost busted my a$$ many times last night and today on those oil stains. I got the oil absorb rockin on it now.

Phil... I seriously recommend getting palnet's billet fuel rail to clean up that engine bay and some bigger fuel injectors to throw into it) if you don't have some yet.

But looking good...Holset power!

10 psi, that turbo isn't even really breathing yet... get up around 15 and it starts being efficient. I've hit 18 psi a few times and holy sh*t, talk about being thrown back and pinned to your seat.

I've got Supra 440cc's And the fuel rail is next on my list.

I got in serious doodoo when my parents saw what I did to the floor when I pulled my motor...It is all good now. I found the powder abzorb works better than the pebble-ish stuff.

I am going to keep everything clean for assembly of my next engine. I will have a bright shiny P30 block ready to sell soon. A wire brush on a drill works really good!!!

My engine was soo leaky it is not even funny. My oil pump leaked soo much that my crossmember had a good half inch of oil and gunk on it.

Big Phil the car looks great! I cant wait till I finish my Z and mabey get a turbo motor.

BY the way are L28 cranks the same as a l28et cranks, and what else is the same between the two motors.

There are some differences but I'm not the guy to ask what there all are. I picked the 1975 motor because it has dished pistons, like the turbo motor.

how much did you get the holset for? and what holset is it? i really want one...

Its a Holset HY-35 from a Dodge diesel truck. I paid $560 for it. Thats a little high, but its a 2006, and had 17 miles on it. It looks brand new! You should be able to get one for $250 and up on e-bay?

Hey Phil, Looking really good dude!!.. one question.. how do you think the Holset turbo feels lag wyse compared to the stocker? I hear they are pretty laggy.. Just wanted to see your opinion.. The car sounds great and I bet she will really screem with MsNs with the 440s and BOOOOOOST..

Great job dude.

Gabe