HybridZ

Update- LS2 swap pics

I finally got my kid to show me how to do pics and stuff- new link in my signature will get you there- The old 280 is finally came back from the paint shop Monday the 13th. The new LS2 went in Saturday and today after work the headers went in. Thanks again to Ulises and Mas280 for all their help so far.

Mike

hey can you tell me about you turbo set up I'm curious?

Me? Well, I don't want to hijack the thread, but you can find a discussion of it here:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=108160

It's not even completely done yet and I've started a second project. I'm trying to be the second or third person to have a 427 LS FD3S

M1noel,

Is that the air conditioner or the power steering unit on the right front of the engine? Do you have connections to get another GTO Master Clutch cylinder, I'm in need of one as well as Oil pan with the pickup at the back. I'm about six months behind you, just got my engine and starting to clean up my engine bay for painting.

I got the clutch master with the engine, along with the gas pedal, brake master and pedal and clutch pedal and a bunch of other stuff I'll never use. I got the oil pan through my local gm dealer- at jobber price it was less than they were going for on E-bay. Make sure you get the windage tray and pick up also, and it is a lot easier to get the camaro-firebird dipstick and tube too. I don't know where to send you for the clutch master, sorry. That is the AC as supplied by John's where the power steering pump used to be. It is a new, shorter, pump and uses John's brackets. It requires a srock camaro belt and gets rid of the second accessory belt that drove only the old ac pump. John can also supply hoses that have the correct fittings to hook it all back up. Very handy if you want to run air. By the way, I only started this about a month ago and the car was in the body shop for 3 weeks of that to get the bay painted and repair where the nimrod backed his 4X4 onto the hood. I couldn't believe how well everything fits.

mike

m1noel,

Thanks. I ordered most of the kit from John's, didn't get the AC yet as I wasn't sure I could use the one that came with the GTO. The guy I purchased my engine didn't have the master cylinder. Thought maybe you might have access to a auto wreckers that might have one. They don't sell the GTO in Canada. Is there another master cylinder that might work? I guess the 05/06 corvette should. Has anyone used a different kind from another vechicle that bolts up as clean as the GTO one?

Since that last update I have installed the radiator and fan, fuel pressure regulator, and hooked up the AC. Brant the wiring guru is coming over Saturday to help me with that mess. Then soon its off to the exhaust shop! I was hoping to have it running by March or April but everything is going really fast, and IVe only been working on it for a few minutes here and there.