HybridZ

do it yourself intake kits!

v8dats

this has been posted here(on hybridz) a while ago but i thought i would bring it back up.

my brother and i are getting a material list together for a custom l28et intake and will be ordering stuff from them.

we just dont know if we should go with the half circle plenum or the D plenum stuff.

kinda cool!

http://www.rossmachineracing.com/index.htm

You can build a manifold without velocity stacks. I recommend you use a thick plenum base. This would allow you to machine in a smooth transition from the plenum to the runners. Ross' parts are very nice.

Here is an intake manifold I've designed with ross' stacks and runner material (audi 5 cylinder). The flanges are custom by me. You can definitely make nice stuff with their material.

DSCN2308.JPG

Regards,

Justin

What exactly do velocity stacks help do. I know it has to deal with air flow obviously but dont know exactly what.

It compresses the air slightly as it enter the runners.

I know not exactly the same principle but:

Kinda like the opposite if using a cone to amplify sound. It has to do with air being pushed from a wide area into a more narrow area.

More air + more fuel = more power

Holy Crap, For all the parts I need for the four cyl intake I'm working on its $365! That's crazy expensive. Amazingly awesome products but, Wow does that add up quick!

LOL, imagine what the guy doing one for a Titan 5.6L V8 is up against when he realizes the stock intake is 8" too tall, and you end up needing to make TWO "four cylinder" intake manifolds!

Hey, there IS logic behing running a Honda Z600!