HybridZ

Seats to wide?

EvilC

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LIKE-NEW-USED-3-MONTHS_W0QQitemZ170055195456QQihZ007QQcategoryZ107069QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I try to get the owner to give me some measurements on the seat but that failed. I do have a MSA cage going inside the car. Does the should wing look to wide to you guys? I know this is a common problem with lots of the racing seats.

Clive

Those look similar to the MOMO street racer seats I have in my Z. the trick is to mount the seat a little offset to the inboard. You can also use a heavy duty cargo strap to "squeez" the wings in a little. The interference with the wings is that they will contact the door panel when you shut it. IMHO, buy the seats at that price and then do as stated above to make them fit. That is a great price. I paid $400 for a pair at the factory when I lived in Italy back in 99....

OK lady didn't get to sell anything she posted on Ebay. She gave me a call and said make an offer for 2 seats, 2 5-point harness, and momo wheel......I offer $500 and she says fine. Best part about it, she should be dropping the parts of to my house later today. So when I go home for break, I can bring them back to school for some test fits.

Just a note to the guys having issues with sitting too high in aftermarket seats. Most race seats are built with a composite shell and are typically mounted with brackets attached to the sides of the seat. If installing this style of seat onto the stock seat cross members, you wind up sitting too high...especially when using sliders. What I recommend is to look for a race seat of the suspension design......basically a steel frame with suspension for the butt cushion. This design is typically an entry level race seat and are the least expensive. I choose the Sparco "Sprint" seats, as they are of the suspension design. They do not tilt either but are extremely comfortable. Payed approximately $200 for each. I mounted mine directly to the stock seat crossmembers, use a couple of spacers in the front to adjust seat angle, and for a 5' 11" tall guy I sit at what I think is the perfect height. And, the Sprint seat is narrow enough not to cause interference issues. Just some food for thought.

Tom

1 hour trip and $500 dollars got me these!!

Love the seats even though I am not a fan of the red

DSC02386.JPG

Great wheel!

DSC02387.JPG

Pair of 5 point harnesses I am going to sell

DSC02391.JPG

Sat in the seat for about 45 mins watching TV and no back issues. They are really fitting, any bigger and I would not fit! I am 5'10 205lbs. Can't wait to get them mounted in the car next month with the cage to see if it all works out.

So what you guys think?

What do we think?!??? I think thou art not worthy and should'st betrothe thy parts unto the admin.

Yep, looks like you got one heck of a deal there. I think I paid nearly half that for just my steering wheel alone. I love MOMO stuff---good quality and made in Europe.

Davy

What do we think?!??? I think thou art not worthy and should'st betrothe thy parts unto the admin.

Yep, looks like you got one heck of a deal there. I think I paid nearly half that for just my steering wheel alone. I love MOMO stuff---good quality and made in Europe.

Davy

OK your right. I will mount them in my car and try around for like 5 yrs and if I think they are good enough for the admin, I will ship them next day =)

Yeah I got a great deal.....now to dye the red suede.....

OK your right. I will mount them in my car and try around for like 5 yrs and if I think they are good enough for the admin, I will ship them next day =)

Yeah I got a great deal.....now to dye the red suede.....

$500!! great deal, they look awesome!

How do you plan on dying the red sections? My friend got a car with those exact seats, except they were completly red and torn to hell. We tried using regular dupont fabric dye and it doesnt work very well. takes like 5 coats to even start working. hope that helps?