HybridZ

dyno #'s thread

CantZme

Slow_Old_Car,

My setup is almost like yours f54, p90, 2mm headgasket but I do have some combustion chamber work as well. I am just running 93 octane. When I was tunning my car while back there was no hp difference between 11.4 - 11.8 but as soon as it got to about 12.0 there was good 12-15whp difference. I still try to run around 11.8:1

Ivo

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L-24 Stock crank, rods, pistons +1mm OS

N-42 head with welded 36cc chambers, and mild porting, swirl polished valves, compression ratio 10.65:1, Pump Gas

MotorSport #3 cam

Electromotive Tec 3r, 320cc injectors, hogged out stock intake with 60mm throttle

209.9 HP 178.1 torque

dyno2.JPG

Hey Monzter,

those numbers are from a p-30 block at the rear wheels? Your making me feel better about working my l-24 if that is true. Anymore info on what you've done with that motor?

Yes, That was at the rear wheels before being broken in, I think it feels even a little better now. the block is the original P-30 that came in the car. I autocross it and what is so great is the way it revs and pulls all the way to 7500 no problem. Many of my fellow z guys run 280 blocks and are surprised to see how well a 240 can pull. I had the car at the MSA autocross last weekend and I feel having the 2.4 aginst all of the other 2.8s and 3.1 was no problem. I guess it depends on what you want. Here is a pic of the engine and head. Let me know if you need any other specs, if you plan on doing your own, maybe I can help. Jeff

newmotor240z.jpg

autox_05.JPG

1-4-06_003.JPG

Damn, that dyno chart looks almost like JeffP's dyno chart from last Thursday---just lower on the scale.

I couldn't convince him to run a pull from 1500 in fourth gear for a true dispelling of the 'turbos have a non-linear response' myth, but the curve looks very much like yours, Jeff!

My kid loved the rides in your car at the Auto-X BTW. He now understands why Frank and all of us call the 260 'The Blue Turd, A.K.A. The Wallowing Pig'!

LOL

Damn, that dyno chart looks almost like JeffP's dyno chart from last Thursday---just lower on the scale.

I couldn't convince him to run a pull from 1500 in fourth gear for a true dispelling of the 'turbos have a non-linear response' myth, but the curve looks very much like yours, Jeff!

My kid loved the rides in your car at the Auto-X BTW. He now understands why Frank and all of us call the 260 'The Blue Turd, A.K.A. The Wallowing Pig'!

LOL

Neno is good luck, I always have a good run when he is in the pasenger seat. Thanks