HybridZ

million mile Saab

Pop N Wood

I don't really think synthetic oils have as much to do with that as regular maintenance. When I worked for a Volvo dealer we had a guy who had 700,000+ miles on his car, he brought his car in every 5K for dealer servicing with regular old Castrol, and the head had never been off the block at the point when I was working there. He had a job where he had to travel between LA and SF every week, and that's how he put the miles on the car. I think the record holder is a Volvo P1800 owner who had 2M miles on his car. Volvo gave him a new 960 when he hit 2M, but he was still driving the P1800 last I heard. I don't think you could buy synthetic oils during the time when most of that mileage was done.

• 4 months later...
Sabb for a million miles? Poor guy.

yes, too bad the car is sitting in a museum now :-D

The thing about this case was it was all on the original engine, no rebuilds..only headgasket change. The Volvo had more than one engine rebuild, I believe. And the SPG is a performance model=more wear on engine. The B series is a great engine.