HybridZ

Color possibilities for 240Z w/ cf hood

Adam393

Im about ready to tear apart my 240Z and put on all the parts I bought for it, and Im going to change the color down the line with the car. When the engine is out, im going to spray the bay with what color i choose, but spray the rest of the car at a later time. Right now, its the butterscotch/gold Datsun factory color, and I was thinking of painting it the dark orange/almost red Datsun color with a CF hood. Some of my friends are now saying that they think that the car will looks weird with such a color contrast due to the CF hood, but there is no way for me to sell it and break even on the hood:icon50: . Do any of you guys have suggestions on what colors would look good on the car with the CF hood on it? Im also going to use Hashino gold mesh wheels on the car. Thanks for any suggestions

Guest Death69

there is a picture of a white z with gold mesh wheels and a cf hood. it was in superstreet and inspired me to build up a Z. ill look for it, its a good base and somone could photoshop or somethin

...Some of my friends are now saying that they think that the car will looks weird with such a color contrast due to the CF hood, but there is no way for me to sell it and break even on the hood:icon50: ...

That sounds like your friends want your CF hood to me. The CF hood is rather generic in color, frankly, and will look good with nearly any other color. If you don't believe me, check out all the riced-out Hondas out there which are EVERY color under the sun and have all sorts of CF hoods. Dig? Basically you can't go wrong with CF and any color IMO.

Your Z would rock in the color you want to paint it. If the CF contrast bothers you sooooo much that you can't stand it, have it painted in a tinted clear, similar to what your car's color is--that would ROCK.

Just my $.02

Davy

Hey guys,

Thanks for posting pics of my car, and RacerX thanks for the compliments!

As for the carbon hood I think they look awesome on Z's.

A great color combination I think also is Alex's car.... s2k gunmetal with stain black and carbon accents.

Alex's car

19.jpg

One thing i think about the carbon hood is you need something else to kinda make it flow, other carbon or black accents are needed to tie it in to the car. I think my car looked kinda funny when I has silver panasports and and otherwise stock body. With the black zg's splitter and gunmetal wheels i think it flows better. Gunmetal or black wheels I think really tie a carbon hood in. But Ive found black wheels are a love hate thing...

Here is a shot of mine I think shows off the hood, alot of people told me blue and black wouldnt work... well i love it.

wats_075.sized.jpg