HybridZ

GTR2 Racing for PC

cygnusx1

TONIGHTS GTR2 SERVER IS: a rochester glen server featuring Watkins Glen Long

A few of us here have been getting together online to race on GTR2 in the evenings. We usually run Skype in the background on a conference call so we can talk to eachother as we race and coordinate races. So far we have had four members that have run together. With a force feedback steering wheel and a few days of practice, this simulator get's your heart rate and adrenaline pretty high. If anyone else plays GTR2 or would like to. Post here and we will coordinate some track nights. We are trying to figure a way to get a private server at the moment. The game sells at most stores for about $19.00 and is worth every cent.

38.jpg

Read about it: http://www.bhmotorsports.com/GTR2

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am liking the screencaps and reviews I am reading of this game... but I dont imagine it has any Z's in it, correct? Also, is anyone running it on an older processor, something like AMD 1.6 through 2.0ghz? I have DX9 card and 1gb ram, but wondering how badly my cpu will choke on this game. Found the demo, but the demo's are not usually as optimized as the retail product.

I've been considering a driving simulator for a while. I was thinking about GT4 with the logitech wheel... but that would be a 200-300 dollar investment since I don't have a PS2. How are the physics in this game?

I am one of the people who play and the physics og the game are very real. Get the logitech wheel with this game and you will be 10 times more happier then playing GT4.

Yes, there is a 350Z you can play with in the game. CPU stats I am not sure about, I will leave that to Dave to answer.

As of right now everyone is using some form of logitech forcefeed back wheel, from the older style dataing a few yrs back to the newest G25 with clutch n 6 speed. A nice wheel can be had on Ebay from $75-$300.

OK.. played the demo for about 15 minutes, liked it enough that I am going to buy the retail version. Playing with a force feed-back joystick though... no decent wheel in the house... may pony up for a Logitech, or just grab an older MS off ebay. This reminds me of Grand Tourismo, except the physics feel crisper, if not quite as edgy. I was decent at the original GT on PS1... but it has been YEARS, and I mowed grass and stirred gravel big time, lol.

What are currently considered to be good wheels on the market? I bought 2 different wheels by MS and Logitech back in the late 90's and didnt like either, but I imagine Logitech has improved a lot since then.

I might go and pick it up. Pretty cheep game. It's only been out like a year and it's dropped that much....

I know this game won IGN's "best game that nobody ever played" award for 2006. It seems the lackluster sales have dropped the price substantially.

I've got the logitech GT force pro. People say it's the best. That doesn't say much IMO. I hate how hard it is to countersteer and in even the best games you can't feel traction loss at all. All around it's too stiff. I like how stiff it can get, I just wish it was only stiff at the right times.

I might also be able to get you guys a free ventrilo server to use. (ventrilo is the best IP voice com out there FYI) I have access to several servers and I'll just ask around and see who wants to give me permission to invite 10+ guys in for racing.

To get Force Feed Back(FFB) i suggest you use what i am using its here and free

http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/latest_soft_main.htm

select your operating systemand and download. i have found out all you do is calibrate the wheel and edit your controls in the game NOT with the software.the only thing i edited with the software was the force feedback level.

OK we are going to start "track nights":

Thursday: 8pm eastern

Saturday:10pm eastern

Until we get a fixed server figured out, the server will vary and I will post it here as an edit before the rounds. If you can, put an (HBZ) in front of your driver name so we know you are from HybridZ. Generally you can join the server for Practice and Qualifying, not during a race so be patient. We will always play in "Simulator" mode. Hit TAB on the keyboard to display drivers name tags during the races.

I will be (HBZ)CygnusX1.

SERVER FOR TONIGHT IS: XXXXXXXXXXXX

I am using the Nascar Pro Force Feedback wheel. It is a fairly old wheel but it has really nice feedback as to what the car is doing. I can easily feel the front end hitting chicanes and losing traction. With the feedback I feel in the wheel, I can counter act with the gas/brake pedals to keep the weight transfers where they need to be. It works very well and is very realistic. I consider it so real that it is "Training" for the real thing.

OK yes tons of tuning. Pretty much everything that you would adjust on a real race car and more.

Caster,camber, toe, tire compound, compression, rebound, swaybars, wing/splitter angles, air ducts, brake bias (in-car), spring rates, ride heights, tire pressures, ballast, fuel load, seat positions back forth up down, all the gear ratios individually, lmited slip clutch adjustments in different directions......yada yada. You name it. And it all correlates to real world derived physics.

The sounds are also worth mentioning. You can hear everything that happens around you and you can see whats going around in the mirrors and you can turn your head to look around. :wink:

Want more details:

http://www.bhmotorsports.com/file/14398 Thanks to Tom Johnson <---This guide applies to REAL racing as well.

So what track(s) are you guys racing next. The game is terribly hard to get used to (jumped right into simulation with a 900 degree wheel), so I'd like to get some practice in on some courses we'll be doing so I don't make a complete fool of myself.

Dont worry we all drive like fools. It is definitely not easy getting consistent lap times. I will pick a server tomorrow night at 8 eastern and post is above. I would practice Monza as we all seem to know that one best. We are trying to host Watkins Glen eventually. Just when you think you mastered a track, throw in some competition and traffic....forget it. It's like starting over.

NOTE: You need to upgrade to the latest patch and register in the game to race online.