HybridZ

Thermal changing car color

RacerX

There was a header in Japan that would change color according to EGT. Pretty neat, helped with nailing jetting quite a bit.

External Paint....hmmmm. Hot parking lot, maybe turns white from black so the interior doesn't heat-soak so bad while sitting.

They make that, I buy! LOL

I've seen this paint at shop booths at car shows down here, it looks pretty sweet, my buddy has a 400whp 3rd Gen RX7, and want's to paint his with that paint.

What i mentioned to him was, your hood is gonna be much hotter than the rest of your car, so odds are, your car is gonna be one color, and theres gonna be a gaint weird colored splotch taking up most of your hood that will be the other color......... it's gonna look weird, and not good weird most likely.......

cool idea if all of the car was the same temp when it heats up

the coolest thing about alsacorps paints is that they can all be used ALL in stages, ALL on the same panel... for a REALLY unique look.

Depending on how you apply their craquelure paint, or their soft feel paint and what not, you can add different stages to it and it REALLY stands out.

It's a little bit toooooo much sometimes, im my opinion, but it is damn cool to have that option, and a company that is willing to research and develop chemicals in such a fashion that alsacorp does (or whomever theyre hiring to do it for them).

This is what a lot of companies strive to do in terms of interchangeability and ease of use, and I applaud Alsacorp for making it easy as possible.

I'm impressed by their soft feel line, and I'm not sure if I want to add that to the paint i spray on my Zee when it's done. It sure would look pretty cool... and the marr-resistance is AMAZING. (I have that kind of coating on my cell phone case)...

it doesnt scratch, and feels like velvet =)