HybridZ

evo mr vs. murcielago

ULISES

I was browsing the evo forums and came accross this video.Not long ago we built this evo 9 for one of our uncles,It has a stage 2 vishnu upgrade, putting 360 awhp.

I believe the murcielago is stock and the drive can't drive it but hey check out the video,I think it was a fair race right?

Someone mentioned it was a 1k race,Good to know that the swap now casted a total of around $12,500.

http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=dS2_Ei6mgZg&eurl=http%3A//forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php%3Ft%3D243323&iurl=http%3A//sjl-static3.sjl.youtube.com/vi/dS2_Ei6mgZg/2.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskLN9bxJuN_SgCXnT0qSYcUB

link to the original post......

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=243323

Couldn't see the video, as Utube is down for maintenance. However, I read the thread (and got dummer) and it's easy to understand from the text that A: The EVO, a 12 second AWD car was given a lead/headstart/couple lengths.

and

B: The Lambo had mechanicals of some sort related to smoke being visible in the video.

Who knows. I'd still own a Murcielago over an EVO, Beat or not...

Mike

Guest TeamNissan
Couldn't see the video, as Utube is down for maintenance. However, I read the thread (and got dummer) and it's easy to understand from the text that A: The EVO, a 12 second AWD car was given a lead/headstart/couple lengths.

and

B: The Lambo had mechanicals of some sort related to smoke being visible in the video.

Mike

I would take a Murcielago over a evo if it didnt run lol. I dislike how people are always downing exotics when they get beat. You know a exotic is SO MUCH MORE then a 1/4 mile car. I mean if you want to be tech they arent 1/4 mile cars at all.

Guest TeamNissan
I bet you if it was a drag race from 100mph to 200mph the lambo would win...heck the evo probably tops out at 160...

I bet if it was heads up the lambo would have won....

and

Mike

I think you got the other way around,The evo gave the lambo a headstart.There was smoke,I'm guessing its just dust from the track.Look's to be a track similar to kingdom racetrack,Where there is lots of dust.

The evo should turn mid 11's, the lambo is stock.Evo would take both roll and dig races.

I'm not downing the evo at all I'm just saying a shopping cart can be made to run 9's with enough money. To me its more then just that.

You are right,But it feels good beating some other cars with something you built for that purpose.I mean,The lambo is on a 1/4 race track.If he ca't drive or he's car is faster on some other types of races,What is he doing there then?

He got a headstart to get tracktion and didn't take advantage of it.

I just posted this race cause we built this evo.

Hopefully by sunday, I'll have some video of my Turbo Festiva beating some nice cars.Maybe most will beat it on the highway but that another story.

Guest TeamNissan
You are right,But it feels good beating some other cars with something you built for that purpose.I mean,The lambo is on a 1/4 race track.If he ca't drive or he's car is faster on some other types of races,What is he doing there then?

He got a headstart to get tracktion and didn't take advantage of it.

I just posted this race cause we built this evo.

Hopefully by sunday, I'll have some video of my Turbo Festiva beating some nice cars.Maybe most will beat it on the highway but that another story.

Ya I understand. Its nice to see anything you build perform. Especialy in those conditions because you know you did the job well lol.

Those festivas are so funny lol, I thought of dropping a sr20det into one a long time ago. They are what 1600lbs? lol

They made a stock turbo festiva I believe, called a sprinter.

I always wanted to go on pinks with one lol. Take some guys 50k dollar monte with a turbo festiva hahaha.

Yea, I love that episode of top gear. The whole thing is really good actually.

Though that evo on top gear is the model that comes with 400HP in the UK...

Still amazing that a sedan can outhandle a lambo. And they're both AWD. It really shows how far the evo and sti have come from their earlier years. They really are the everyday supercar. (in other words, good luck fitting more than you're honey in an exotic, the evo will do that + 2 kids + groceries)