HybridZ

Spread this one around--raped Skyline GTR

m1ghtymaxXx

Taken from a local car forum:

Spread this one around--raped Skyline GTR

I've known this guy on several Fiero boards for a few years now, saved up his pennies and started livin' the dream when he bought himself a gorgeous Skyline GTR.

He then went to get a car alarm fixed, and left the car at the shop before going overseas on a biz trip.

One of the techs then decided to "borrow" the car, and put 600km on it. Donk found out when he got home and the kid said "Uh, yeah, sorry, here's $600 for the use of your car, it was a family emergency."

The "family emergency" must have been pretty important, because in 600km, this kid managed to shear the ceramic wheels off both turbos, cook a twin-plate clutch, and toast the motor (huge compression loss on 2 cyls)

The shop was initially willing to help, but (surprise-surprise) they are balking at forking out $11,000 for an engine, clutch, and turbos.

Their genius excuse? "We can't see how this much damage could be caused in only 600km!"

Donk had the car tested, tuned, and inspected just before leaving--and has his own mechanics as witnesses. AutoTemp signed a contract after Donk found out about the joy-ride stating that they would pay for actual damages as long as Donk didn't slander the place.

Well, they aren't coughing up, and telling the truth is NOT slander... So:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donk_316

Looks like i will be suing civily AUTOTEMP AIR AND SOUND on 111ave in EDMONTON, AB.

I will be sueing for $11,000 in damages. After all this they are refusing to fix the car and the owner wont even call me personally and keeps getting "the kid" to call.

Ill see them in court.

Here's the links to two of the boards.

http://www.realfierotech.com/phpBB/...der=asc&start=0

http://forums.780tuners.com/showthr...15&pagenumber=1

Spread this around.

what i was saying was that i would not leave a car (especially one i love so much) at someones shop im not sure about, especially if im not in the country and the car is fast. I would at least wait until im back in town to have the car worked on. My personal opinion. didnt mean to be mean. Just seemed obvious to me.

You can't lock up your car in a garage if you want it to be worked on do you, please, don't call people idiots for no reason, especially when the guy who writes the post said it happened to one of his FRIENDS.

It wasn't one of my freinds. This was just copied and pasted from a local car forum. Thats i why i put it in quotes

I personally wouldn't leave my 60k+ GTR there either, but that's just me.

The point is that he DOES need to be suing for a lot more than that because if he only sues for 11k he'll only end up with a portion of that in the end of it all.

And 600km is plenty of time to ruin just about anything. There's a reason people who race change all their fluids ever race, change pads all the time, change clutches once a month ect. And those are the people who are going as NICE as they can on the vehicle while driving it at the limit.