HybridZ

Indy Colts AFC champs!

dr_hunt

I am so sick of Manning! Even the announcers can't just say Indy Colts, they have to say Manning & the Colts. I don't like the Patriots much either, but I sure was rooting for them. Manning this, Manning that, oh it is so OLD!!!

I sure hope/pray the Bears kick the Colts overated a$$es!

I am so sick of Manning! Even the announcers can't just say Indy Colts, they have to say Manning & the Colts. I don't like the Patriots much either, but I sure was rooting for them. Manning this, Manning that, oh it is so OLD!!!

I sure hope/pray the Bears kick the Colts overated a$$es!

Actually, I was just ribbing Cozy Z Cole, being he's a Bears Fan.

Funny how the QB becomes the team or some other standout player like Urlacher who happens to hail from New Mexico. He's a fine example of a quality player both on and off of the field.

I think Manning's TV personality is due in part to his father, but he is also a very good QB.

The second game was much more of a contest than the first game. I like the bears, but the fact is they absolutely dominated the saints in that game.

Should be a great superbowl, we'll see how Urlacher and the bears match up against Manning and the colts. (Pun intended) :lmao: :lmao:

Don't take offense, just ribbing you. :)

The Patriots should not have won last week to begin with. They were handed that game and in the final drive they should have been flagged for roughing the passer when Rivers spiked the ball and the Patriot lineman came through and hit him in the head. After the play was dead. No flag, as usual for the Pats. 15 yards would have put the Chargers in perfect F/G position to tie the game and send it to O/T. I really enjoyed the fact that the refs flagged the Pats on a very questionable roughing the passer against the Colts on the second to last drive. Pats fans are all screaming about that call and how it cost them the game. Well, you should have had that call a week ago. What goes around comes around. And I for one am extremely tired of hearing about the greatness of Brady and the Patriots. Contrary to what the media was saying last week, Brady did not win that game. He had a rating of 49! He was intercepted 3 times and on the run the whole game. Inexperience and over-eagerness of the Chragers D is what lost the game. Yes I am still a bit jaded about it, but it's good to know that Brady and Billichick will be watching the Superbowl from their couches just like me.

Brian

It was a great game. I was very bummed at the end of the first quarter and almost decided to go do something else, I'm glad I didn't.

I'm not a Pats hater but I am tired of seeing them in the SuperBowl every other year.

As for the officiating being bad, they've been terrible all year. After what happened to the Hawks (yes I'm a big fan) in the SuperBowl last year you'd think the NFL would have cracked down on the bias in the refs. It almost looks like the league selects teams at the beginning of the season that will make the play-offs/SuperBowl and the officials are used to ensure it happens.

Wheelman

IT was a great game and yes the Colts did win. But give the Patriots their due though. Face it though The Patriots had a great year for not having the caliber of talent the other teams do. The coaching here in NE does seem to get the most out of mediocre talent. I mean really, look at the Patriots receivers they are a bunch of mediocre receivers at best. Caldwell dropped two passes when he was wide open! That wouldn't of happened if they still had Branch or Givens. As for the secondary again a mediocre bunch that over achieves and you have your fingers crossed whenever a good QB and core of receivers comes to play. Yeah Asante Samuel had a great year and led the league in interceptions but does he get any credit or respect from the rest of the league? No He isn't even going to the Pro-Bowl but Chump Bailey is! In fact there is only 1 player from the Pats going to the pro bowl but they made it all the way to the AFC Chanpionship game! Give then some Credit! Come on Sick of the Patriots?? I'm sick of all the Peyton Manning and Donavan McNabb TV commercials all year long, I mean how many commercials do you see of Tom Brady or the Patriots, at least they won a few super bowls. For the Patriots to have gone as far as they did with the talent they had this year is pretty remarkable I think. I think the Pats just ran out of gas and the lack of talent finally caught up with them. The San Diego game, short week, flu, and again the lack of big play guys really finally took it's toll. Quit whining about the Refs and bad calls etc.

We in NE are not Whining about anything except for the dropped balls.

We give Credit to the Colts for a great game and congratulate them.

Although 2 Former NE players scored some points, Klecko and Vinatieri

Hopefully the Kraft family will spend the money they didn't spend this year as we were still under the cap and get some quality receivers and a good secondary for next year.

So please give the Patriots the respect they so well deserve and Cheer for the AFC Colts in the Super Bowl

I'm sick of all the Peyton Manning and Donavan McNabb TV commercials all year long, I mean how many commercials do you see of Tom Brady or the Patriots, at least they won a few super bowls.

Agreed!

Honestly, I would have loved to see the Saints win and beat the Colts or even the Patriots in the big one, it would have been a riot!

I don't know about the rest of you, GO BEARS GO!!!!!!!

To say Manning is overated is just ignortant. He is a well composed guy on and off the field, as far as I know, he is the ONLY qb in the NFL that is allowed to call plays from scrimmage whenever he so wishes. Plus, he has already broke several records and is on his way to break a few more.

From wikipedia...

Manning holds several NFL passing records, including: Touchdown passes in a single season (49 in 2004)[2], most consecutive seasons with over 4,000 yards passing (6 from 1999 through 2004)[3], and most seasons with 4,000 or more yards passing in a career (7)[4]. His career 94.4 passing rating in the NFL ranks first among active QB's with at least 1,500 passing attempts, and second all-time to Steve Young's 96.8. Manning has thrown for 275 touchdowns in his career (ranking him seventh all-time), and has thrown for a total of 37,586 yards in his career (ranking him thirteenth all-time). [5

I think everyone realizes that he has particular talent. I think what the issue is that all the commercials exploit those great numbers and it gets old looking at them all the time.

Fact is the ad agencies are pushing these big noticeable figures and they are making big $$$ for the ads too. I can't blame them for that, but I'm pretty sick of donovan McNabb and Manning commercials my self. Something different would be nice for a change. I think the commercials tend to make their personna larger than life, which it is not. Kind of makes the stomach turn, if you know what I mean.

That all said, I'm a fan of football, no team in particular, just like a good game and the colts patriots game was one hell of a good game. Hats off to both teams!

Yeah, and I never said Manning wasn't talented, he is. Although, myself and ALL of the people I talk to are completely and totally sick of Manning. I mean how many times do you hear Manning and the Colts? The man defines overated in my book, this is only my opinion. If you are a fan of his, good for you.

May the Bears WIN!!!!!!!!!!

Records/stats take them or leave them, How many super bowl rings does Maning have? How manny does Brady have? It's about the person as well, Brady prefer's to be more to himself and relishes his private life, He does very few commercials but does an awful lot for charities and the the local community in New England, He took a pay cut and stayed with the Patriots in order for the team to keep some other players that would of had to been cut, he could of gone to another team for the real BIg$$$ but chose not to, that says alot about the guy.

I am not saying that Manning is not a great QB I think he is but give us a break with the commercials! BUT when you bring up Marino there is no way Manning can ever measure up to what Marino did all those years with the Dolphins and no running game. Manning has all the other Big play players as in Running backs and receivers How good would he have been with out Harrison, James, Wayne, Adai etc. What could Brady have done this year with a corps of receivers like that or even if he still had Branch and Givens to go along with Maroney and Dillon, What if they still had Ty Law to go along with Asante Samuel

All I have to say now that I have had a week to cool down is GO Bears!

And I thought I would never go for the NFC team but this year, I just can't take another year of Manning this and Colts that and more Manning commercials!

Records/stats take them or leave them, How many super bowl rings does Maning have? How manny does Brady have? It's about the person as well, Brady prefer's to be more to himself and relishes his private life, He does very few commercials but does an awful lot for charities and the the local community in New England, He took a pay cut and stayed with the Patriots in order for the team to keep some other players that would of had to been cut, he could of gone to another team for the real BIg$$$ but chose not to, that says alot about the guy.

I am not saying that Manning is not a great QB I think he is but give us a break with the commercials! BUT when you bring up Marino there is no way Manning can ever measure up to what Marino did all those years with the Dolphins and no running game. Manning has all the other Big play players as in Running backs and receivers How good would he have been with out Harrison, James, Wayne, Adai etc. What could Brady have done this year with a corps of receivers like that or even if he still had Branch and Givens to go along with Maroney and Dillon, What if they still had Ty Law to go along with Asante Samuel

All I have to say now that I have had a week to cool down is GO Bears!

And I thought I would never go for the NFC team but this year, I just can't take another year of Manning this and Colts that and more Manning commercials!