HybridZ

new VIDEO!!! after some good tunning on the Megasquirt........

big-phil

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the positve replys!!

the car drives great!! just around town, no dead spots at all!

after we data-log I'll share the set-up with all who want it.

I don't know the mpg yet? its all too new.

my set-up is:

holset hy35

toyota supra turbo 440cc injectors

palnet fuel rail

P90 head

bone stock dished piston $100 n42 short block:grin:

24x12x3 intercooler with 3inch in&out

3 inch I/C pipe

webber big mouth 60mm TB

oh yea! megasquirt-n-spark!

Thanks for all the positve replys!!

the car drives great!! just around town, no dead spots at all!

after we data-log I'll share the set-up with all who want it.

I don't know the mpg yet? its all too new.

my set-up is:

holset hy35

toyota supra turbo 440cc injectors

palnet fuel rail

P90 head

bone stock dished piston $100 n42 short block:grin:

24x12x3 intercooler with 3inch in&out

3 inch I/C pipe

webber big mouth 60mm TB

oh yea! megasquirt-n-spark!

Thats going to be the about exact same setup I will have once I get MS&spark. Phil, If you could please discribe how the boost comes on and about what RPM and how it ramps up as soon as boost comes in? I wish I could take a ride in your Z to feel it.. it sure seems quick man. I have the 440 injectors already, Just need the MS&S and not sure what turbo I want to go with but since I am one cheap and broke dude.. I am thinking about the holset..

thanks man

Thats going to be the about exact same setup I will have once I get MS&spark. Phil, If you could please discribe how the boost comes on and about what RPM and how it ramps up as soon as boost comes in? I wish I could take a ride in your Z to feel it.. it sure seems quick man. I have the 440 injectors already, Just need the MS&S and not sure what turbo I want to go with but since I am one cheap and broke dude.. I am thinking about the holset..

thanks man

Boost comes on at about 2300-2500rpm, and hits hard. I once messed up my waste gate rod, and it did not come open. I pined 20 psi like THAT!. It hit 20 before I knew what happend. I am in love with the holset (HY35) Like in the video, I'm in 2nd, you can feel the boost starting to push you back in the seat. Then at about 3000rpm? the tires break loose!! I was going to build a motor, and just run the junk yard $100 motor untill then, but now I'm thinking if it blows, just go get another for $100. I figure I can go through about 10 motors for the price of a built one:coollook:

I was going to build a motor, and just run the junk yard $100 motor untill then, but now I'm thinking if it blows, just go get another for $100. I figure I can go through about 10 motors for the price of a built one:coollook:

That is my thinking exactly.

Is the power cutting out around 5,300?

Congrats Phil... unboosted cars just won't satisfy you now. It's like crack cocaine!

It could have been the audio quality, but it kind of sounded like you had a little compressor surge going on during shifts (flutter). What BOV are you using?

- Greg -

I was thinking the same thing. I have the 1st gen eclips bov. with some adjustments.

um.. boost by 2,300-2,500 RPM?! with a HY35w??!

what the thats not right..

in what gear?!

My boost comes in around 3,100 rpm in 4th gear... but full boost by 3,800 RPM..

please share your fuel/spark maps.. because Holy crap I want that

lol i had the same feeling.

but it looks like fun nonetheless.

PHIL GO GET SOME TIME SLIPS!

just to add some thoughts... i wasnt quite sure where to go with my motor and had heard that having a beefy n/a wasnt going to be cheap. after looking at some of your pics your engine bay looks like mine. a bit dirty but the power is there and thats all that matters. not all kinds of chrome and pretty parts. any how after seeing the vid i have an idea what i would like to do. i need to learn all kinds of stuff though before i go out and possibly waste money. let me know what kind of mileage you get once you dont floor it around every turn.