HybridZ

its not a Z, its my s12 (500sx?!)

premo-s12

Do you need a 9000 page factory service manual, or a haynes manual?

If you need somthing more like the haynes manual, go here:

http://arrc.epnet.com/autoasp/index.asp?sid=30212596&uid=s5524901.main.autorefctr

log in with "user" and "password", then scroll down to the auto repair reference center. It's got almost every make and model so you should be covered. A tip for using the resources offline:

Find the section that you need, and use the print option on the page; then send to PDF instead of to the printer. then you can keep a copy on your laptop, etc. hope that helps, pm me or reply here if you need anything else.

...im researching fitment of Z32 calipers and rotors...i hear without to much modification you can fit an s14 sway bar in and an s13 rack (need better adjustable tie rods)

...I'm considering doing an s13 rear end swap just to have a better selection of aftermarket parts...

I think most everything off of the S13 is a near bolt on endeavor, we have a local drifter here in Montreal who was selling his very nice, street S12 and he stated that only the shell was S12, he had an SR20 and all susp., direc. and brakes were from the S13...

I was looking for a proper service manual, not a haynes.

and I sortedout what I want to do with my front end as far as suspension and brakes go, but the rear end is trailing arm like a Z31. same thing actually (early Z, not the later/wider setup)....so theres not real 'bolt on' lol and an SR bolts right up granted u have an MK2 s12. also, what's his screen name? I'd probably know him off the s12 forum

• 1 month later...

i had the motor out to do some work (still need to finish the oil pan) so i just slapped the member on there, but you get the idea. i was a complete bonehead when i welded the mounts as i welded on the top plates backwards then followed suit by boxing in teh wrong end. DOH! thank god for a plasma cutter is all i have to say! haha they looked fuckign sweet too, now its butchered crap, oh well. ill grind/clean them up later and rebox them. i also quickly sprayed on some primer too so it wouldnt rust. ill paint it later as well. hopefully ill get the firewall/trans-tunnel cut out how i need it adn get the transmission mounted this weekend. yay

here's some pics

302_fitted_1.jpg

302_fitted_2.jpg

302_fitted_7.jpg

302_motor_mounts_1.jpg

302_motor_mounts_4.jpg

302_motor_mounts_6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

im kinda sick but i managed to muster up some energy to work on the ol sil for a few hours today. i finished the firewall and hooked up/mounted the trans. thats a hurst short shifter by the way. it sits dead nuts in the hole. gotta love it smile.gif

it looks like its sitting funky right here, its just the angle. its seriously dead center in the hole smile.gif

302_fitted_9.jpg

302_fitted_10.jpg

here's the poon magnet sitting next to what i cut out of my car. he looks all cute and innocent but he's a devious bastard lol

302_fitted_11.jpg

how it sits now.

302_fitted_12.jpg

the new manifold i got. its an edlebrock RPM air gap. got a new carb from a friend too.. need to pick it up though as its still at his house

302_fitted_13.jpg

liquid movitation LOL!

302_fitted_14.jpg

bought a new oil pan, pickup, breathers, aluminum dipstick and diff carrier hardware today.. waiting for them to come in the mail. i need to run back to the yard tomorrow and get a new tail shaft so i can have it welded to my stang driveshaft. im still shopping around for a carb, ignition and fuel pump. not sure what i want to run. ill hang the accessories, clutch and various other bits off the motor tomorrow as well as redo my stearing linkages. ill try and post pics before the weekends up.