HybridZ

cargo cover

rdsk8ter

Guest 280ZForce

Ah ok, I didn't know which setup you were talking about when you were asking if you could borrow ideas off it.

Now I see it! Duh!

Reason I got mixed up is cuz I sold that setup late last year and have made a cardboard template of something different on how I want it done now.

But that looks like it's gonna be nice. I'd consider leaving some room around the strut towers so that in case you ever get a strut bar it will mount up no problems.

I assume the big speaker will be a sub woofer, which really doesn't matter what position it's in soooooo, I think this will be pretty darn cool when it's all done. I'm assuming you'll be glassing over the tape. Will you coat it with something or just paint it afterward? It'll be great whatever you decide.

Davy

Guest Jason k

Is the slot loaded box new, or have you had it in there while? I'm just wondering since I have almost the same set up in the trunk of my dd and found these to be a interesting box to tune.

its a buddy of mins old box he upgraded and sold me his old setup yes it is glass now3 i plan to bedliner then paint

Is the slot loaded box new, or have you had it in there while? I'm just wondering since I have almost the same set up in the trunk of my dd and found these to be a interesting box to tune.

Yup it hardly helps performance, however if you do this hide a HUGE strut bar under it.

I could do it to hide my cage haha

Amps and all that stuff i don't care about as it distracts from driving, well and i want to hear my engine. but to each there own. Problem with these sorts of things that they always in the end look home made. i like the general design though! so i hope your good with fiberglass!

It should turn out good. Plus it adds weight to the rear. It will have a cover that lifts with the rear hatch like on the older carrados. I really like it. Just like previously stated to each his own and its true you know. But i hope you all will feel free to post i love any kinda feedback.

im in northglenn cars not driveable your welcome to swing by sometime just let me know 104th and i-25

Oh wow, what is it, everybody in Denver live off 104th and I25?

I just met two guys there for lunch Thursday (Golden Corral by the Sams Club off Thorton Parkway (or something like that)---I know I went just north to take 104th to the Airport!

Maaaaaaan!

BTW, the early JDM 280Z(X)'s had a 'cargo cover' covering almost the whole rear deck because the things used a full-sized spare that was secured to the 'floor'---the thing was pressboard, and pretty much covered the area you are working with. Making the upper portion out of 'acoustically transparent' cover over a light screen mesh, you could accurately replicate what the original JDM interior looked like, even with all your expensive stereo stuff in there. Stealth is good in today's world of "smash and take because I want it" Rogues....

I added 2-10"s and 2-12"s with all the amps etc. and it took a half a second off my 1/4 mi. time. Everyone was telling me "its gona slow you down" over and over untill we hit the track. Before the install I would spin half way down the track, I guess that little extra weight really helped. Supras weigh 3500-4000 and they dont have many issues with being slow. Post pics when its done, looks like a good start.

Guest TeamNissan
I added 2-10"s and 2-12"s with all the amps etc. and it took a half a second off my 1/4 mi. time. Everyone was telling me "its gona slow you down" over and over untill we hit the track. Before the install I would spin half way down the track, I guess that little extra weight really helped. Supras weigh 3500-4000 and they dont have many issues with being slow. Post pics when its done, looks like a good start.

There is SO many things wrong with this that I dont know where to begin lol.

• 1 year later...