HybridZ

RB25 and RB20 200ZR differneces. Pictures.

alexideways

Hi, just took pics of my new oil pick-up, I'll post pics of the pans side by side when I get them.

Pics:

1- both oil pick ups. (R32-33-34, RB20-25-30 Vs. Z31 200ZR RB20DET)

2-Both oil pans from the drain plug side. (R32-33-34, RB20-25-30 Vs. Z31 200ZR RB20DET)

3-Both oil pans from the turbo drain side. (R32-33-34, RB20-25-30 Vs. Z31 200ZR RB20DET)

4-Both pans from the bottom. (R32-33-34, RB20-25-30 Vs. Z31 200ZR RB20DET)

5-Both pans from inside. (R32-33-34, RB20-25-30 Vs. Z31 200ZR RB20DET)

Oil pick-ups_thumb.JPG

Drain plug side._thumb.JPG

turbo drain side_thumb.JPG

Pan bottoms_thumb.JPG

Inside pans_thumb.JPG

Here's some more...

Pics.

1- Dipstick, tube and rear "blank" hole brass plug. (R32-33-34, RB20-25-30 Vs. Z31 200ZR RB20DET)

2- Rear "blank" hole brass plug. You hammer this one out with a punch from underneath and reuse it to plug the, now open, front dipstick hole. (R32-33-34, RB20-25-30 + 26 Vs. Z31 200ZR RB20DET)

3- Relocated dipstick. (R32-33-34, RB20-25-30 + 26 Vs. Z31 200ZR RB20DET)

4- Front pickup. (R32-33-34, RB20-25-30)

5- Rear pickup. (Z31 200ZR RB20DET)

Dip stick, tube and brass plug._thumb.JPG

Brass plug._thumb.JPG

Relocated Dip Stick_thumb.JPG

Front pick-up_thumb.JPG

Rear pickup_thumb.JPG

From what I know, (Don't have an RB26 so, never took a close look into those) the windage tray inside the pan needs to be modified to fit the RB26 block.

If you say that the pan is already modified, you should be OK.

One thing to note is... the RB26 block has the oil pick up in the front instead of in the middle, like the RB20-25-30 blocks so, you need to modify your oil pickup to reach the rear bowl.

One thing to note is... the RB26 block has NO provision to relocate the dip stick

My RB26 block had both holes for the dipstick placement. I removed the brass plug from the rearward hole, and moved it foward after taking the dipstick sleeve out of it, then tapped the brass plug into the foward hole.

This left me with a rearward oil dipstick, vs the foward dipstick....

My RB26 block had both holes for the dipstick placement. I removed the brass plug from the rearward hole, and moved it foward after taking the dipstick sleeve out of it, then tapped the brass plug into the foward hole.

This left me with a rearward oil dipstick, vs the foward dipstick....

My R33 block does not seem to have this, I wish it did as I really do not want to drill a hole in the block... Can you take a picture of the location of the rear plug? Is it on the same side as the normal dipstick hole?

My R33 block does not seem to have this, I wish it did as I really do not want to drill a hole in the block... Can you take a picture of the location of the rear plug? Is it on the same side as the normal dipstick hole?

If you look at your block approx the same distance from the rear the you current dipstick is from the front you will see the part of the casting where the hole is supposed to be.

If you look at your block approx the same distance from the rear the you current dipstick is from the front you will see the part of the casting where the hole is supposed to be.

With the pan off, and looking at the bottom of the motor you can easily see an indent where the current tube is, but there is only one of those.

I will try to get a picture at lunch and see if I can see it again but I dont think my block has it.

Are we talking rb25 or rb26? Also this topic has been covered in length in one of the other threads in the rb section so do a search and im sure you will find all the info you need on this. Im lazy and dont feel like searching for it and or typing it out again