HybridZ

Any know where I can locate a complete wiring harness

CarolinaZ

1977 280 Z - the complete harness to replace the one that is in the veh...had a slight fire..harness has some severly damaged wires..was thinking about just replacing the entire harness however I am not having any success in locating one..

Any ideas..

A Buddy of mine and myself ripped every single oem wire out of my Z this past monday, and by wed a.m. I was driving it with a complete new EZ2Wire 12 circut harness installed.

Everything is hooked up except the wiper cause I'm going to wire in a different motor. I will complete that portion of the job this weekend.

The diagrams are in the painless thread sticky in this section..

OK..I went to their site..could not locate what I was looking for , sent an email to them and ask if they could help me out with what I need..I think the one in the car could be reparied , however I wonder about the potential for another fire..which is why I am looking at just replacing whats there with a new one..guess I will have to wait until Monday for a reply to the email I sent them..

If anyone could or would tell me exactly what it is or how they went about getting them to provide what it is I need I would really appreciate it..my wife has now come up with ..well sell the car as is..and buy a new car..I dont want a new car..I want my Z..hell she even went so far as to tell me to start looking for a the 86-88 911 that I have said for years I would like to have..she just doesnt understand..I had my first Z ( a 78 ) from Dec 77 to July 93...have had this one since 97..with no other expenses than rims and tires..and now...now she just wants me to throw my baby away...good lord woman get real...

If someone can let me know as far as Painless Wiring is concerned I would really appreciate it..Im not getting rid of my Z....

1977 280 Z - the complete harness to replace the one that is in the veh...had a slight fire..harness has some severly damaged wires..was thinking about just replacing the entire harness however I am not having any success in locating one..

Please clarify: you are in need of the harness containing the fuse block, has the leads going to the rear of the car, installs on the cabin side of the firewall behind the heater box and NOT the one coming into the engine bay with the fusible links. Or, do you need BOTH?

Hmmm, I think I have a complete harness in my garage for a 77. I was going to use it in mine, but I decided to go a different route. Interested?

EDIT: Yep just went to make sure, it is a complete harness with fuse box and the EFI harness as well. It's dirt as sin, but what's to be expected right? I bought it three years ago off eBay because someone hacked up the wiring in my 77 trying to bypass a hot lead they wired into ground. It's complete and uncut.