HybridZ

zx "pillar?" cover

V8_DatZun

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL i LOVE it guys... anyway you can add some IMSA Square type fender flares?... if SO this is MY DREAM ZX! cant believe how you captured it so well... 'sniff 'sniff emotional moment... sorry.

OH OH and what about a blue color... maybe electric daytona blue with some gunmetal metal flakes... now THAT is my dream ZX

I'm having the same problem in real life, I just cant stop approving mods. I liked it better without the vent, and here's one to improve any car, remove the mirrors and replace them with rear facing cameras. Oh yeah !

It's hard to beleive with these mods that the body style is almost 30 years old. I'd buy one

davidk-6.jpg

a raked roofline like boodlefoof has would possibly look really good also... lol the mutant hybrid zx!

i like it both with and without the vent.. if you are going for a more shaved sleek look w/o the vent is the way to go. w/imsa squared fender flares... the vent would probably be more trouble to mold in than anything.. but w/o the flares... i think it adds something to look at that catches your attention.

im saving the pic.. and if one gets made like what i requested in my previous post... im saving it... will be my inspirational photoshop lol... only im going to have 17" stock chrome lincoln LS rims via my sister that just got 20"s put on her lincoln lol. once i get the car running.. and get to the point of making it look good.... im going to REALLY give this a shot... i believe it can be done with very little problem.... but this is a datsun we're talking about.... lol little or no problem? i dont think so...

*edit* and you're right steeltoad... with those mods it KIND OF looks like one of those futuristic concept cars... i'd buy one also

*edit 2* and mine would have to have around a 4" cowl scoop on it.. that would prob look pretty mean.. plus its a must to clear my air cleaner

The flares will take some time. I'm not sure you can se them very well in profile shot anyway. But here's the electric blue...

davidk-blu.jpg

And a few other colors...

davidk-gld.jpg

davidk-prp.jpg

davidk-grn.jpg

davidk-red.jpg

davidk-mrn.jpg

Okay... 'nuff 'snuff... ;)

i Tinted the back side glass as dark as i could and then blacked out the trim piece to kinda get an over all shadowing effect the length of it.. i have a cell pic that shows it off but its so small im not sure if you can really see it.... i really dont have a pic that highlights it but you get the idea...

and Mike... photochop the hell out of it if you want to =0) very jealous of the skills.!

before tinting and painting the trim piece

JustPainted-04.jpg

and after....

My280ZX-small.jpg

and the small cell pic taken at nite for the full effect.

280zxnite.jpg

V8 DatZun... I tend to like vibrant colors on sports cars. I want my car to hurt peoples' eyes when they look at it!!

Let me work on the hood mod. Can you post an example pic of one you like? Do you want the front fender vent? What about the side mirrors... on or gone?

no mirror... ummm i guess no vent... and follow the same style as the stock cowl.. only make it come up a few more inches.. so it looks kinda like all those famous 80's model mustang cowls lol... really like this car.. and im trying to download photoshop now so i can play some with dif ideas. thanks for the work mike!

Geez you guys really know how to make a guy wanna spend lots of money and piss off the old lady :D This is AWESOME, and i totally dont mind you guys doing what you want to the car.

Yeah it can be consuming, mine went into the shop last June and is about half done.

For flares, you could try these from black dragon (with modifications)

DSCF0727.JPG