HybridZ

zx "pillar?" cover

V8_DatZun

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my pillar covers powdercoated black. You guys should try it before anything extreme.

davidk.jpg

Might try that, but leave the rest of the chrome trim shiny. Do it with some paint that can be easily removed if it looks off. Nice car by the way.

^^^ That's a nice clean look. I LIKE IT!! ^^^

Now lets lower it a couple inches and paint the ground effects black...

EDIT... BTW... Sorry for the rushed hack job on the shadows...

davidk-3-bk.jpg

LOL... as long as we're messing with a PIC of his car and not his CAR... he's probably okay with it.

Here's another idea... just smoothed the lines of the ground effects, shaved the rear bumper, and decreased the extension of the front bumper a bit. Only one problem... it's starting to look light a Porsche 928, heh, heh. Oh... I stole your wheels. Please don't call the cops!!

davidk-3b2.jpg

I love the shaved bumpers and rounded grille on anything before the ZX. I think the ZX has too many triangular lines up top (especially without the rear window) to be able to pull off rounded curves on the bottom . The MSA bodykit just enforces the aggressive angles while covering up the hideous stock bumpers.

What your last pic needs is to round off the lower corners of the door, and maybe move the bottom door line up an inch to separate it from the trim

You asked for it. I added a front fender vent too but it may be a bit much. The idea is to simplify, after all. However these do have a useful purpose. I rounded the side window edges a bit just for fun.

davidk-3d.jpg