HybridZ

Bling Bling Bling went the tranny...

Warren

OOPS, all this for nothing... I just did a little more research and checked with Summit regarding the TCI Pro kit that I have. It doesn't come with Kolene steels...only the "Ultimate" kit comes with Kolene steels, so I guess all this "Kolene Talk" is out of place. My apologies. I misunderstood what was included in the "Pro" kits. Looks like I've got regular steels after all. Sorry about that, but I DID learn something...Thanks!

I have ordered a few parts from Chris, just last week, and they screwed up the order so bad, it's still not here. Should be only 2 days from New York to Atlanta, just like all of my keys that I order from New York (I'm an automotive locksmith, but don't tell anyone). I called them on Friday to enquire it's whereabouts, (ordered last Tuesday) and found out that the order hadn't even been filled or shipped. They apologized, but that's not getting my tranny put back together. They seem like they're always in such a hurry and don't want to talk on the phone. Wish my business was that busy...hehe

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris is super sharp and a good guy BUT that is his failing. His delivery times are sometimes poor.

He is VERY busy. He has the same problem most business owners have, finding good reliable help that can actually take his place. He is stretched too thin.

He runs the CNC machines, takes orders, builds transmissions, and all the while comes up with new innovative products. Busy guy.

Well Warren, if we kill you, what a way to go! What you going to tell St. Pete? Your going to look awfull funny with a woody standing at the pearly gates!

That powder coating is really cool looking. How durable to rock chips is that grill going to be? Is that stuff really that good?

Powder is more resilient than paint and haven't had any call backs on chipping... I did a test piece with a 2 stage candy on flat aluminum plate and beat it the crap out it with a peen hammer until it turned concave.... never did chip. Pretty durable stuff...

A lot of the motorcycle builds want powder coating under the fenders to help from chipping and eventually rusting.. as opposed to paint.

bed, bath & beyond?

don't you test pink towels fo softness instead of pyrex for durability?

:mrgreen:

i test there drul pick up ability... lol when i sleep.... man almost everything in there is cool to watch to break lol most of the time its from a person messin up and they drop an item or some ♥♥♥♥ lol good stuff!

[Rant ON]

Well, another week has passed and still no part from CK Performance. Makes me wonder if this Chris guy really wants to sell parts or just run a tranny rebuild shop. As you can tall, I'm NOT too happy with his customer service. So much for getting a part in a timely manner. BS...BOO...HISS... NOT the way to win customers and influence people.

[Rant OFF]

Warren,

NY has been receiving record snowfall and is in a blizzard condition so it may be more of a UPS issue than one of Chris's doing.

I've had to wait on parts from Chris before because he had to actually machine them on the CNC.

What did you order?

I usually deal with Chris on a weekly basis, he is usually worth the wait.

Thanks Warren, it's nice to know where not to buy parts from. I buy PG parts from a guy in kentucky, great communication, super fast shipping and is simply the best!!! Makes a world of difference when they pick up the phone and let you know what's happening rather than just making you guess like the guy your dealing with!!! There is no excuse for poor business practices like that!!!

Here are the details, so there will be NO more confusion.

Fact, I called Chris on 1-29-07, Chris was in some sort of meeting. (Hey, it happens, I don't mind waiting another day.)

Fact, I tried to place the order on 1-30-07, Chris was too busy to take it and asked me to call the next day. (No problem, I understand sometimes people are busy, but how about just taking an order...)

Fact, I finally got through to Chris himself, the parts were ordered on 1-31-07, via telephone call with Chris, who stated that the parts I ordered were "in stock and ready to go".

Fact, the parts were paid for on 1-31-07, via Paypal, as Chris requested.

Fact, Chris was called on 2-7-07 to find out what happened to the order. He was too busy so his wife (ashamed that the order was messed up) took the call and tried to help. Chris admitted (yelling from across the shop) that the order was fudged and he'd get it out right away. However, one of the parts listed as belonging to a 2004R is incorrectly listed on their website and not necessary, it actually belongs to a TH400 and the website is wrong, according to Chris himself. UPS ground only takes 2 days from New York to Atlanta. (I order stuff from New York once a week for my business.)

Fact, the billing info went to UPS on 2-7-07, a week after the original order was placed.

Fact, the order wasn't picked up for shipping by UPS until 2-16-07, 11 days after the billing info was recieved. Funny how it took 11 days for UPS to pick up an order that was "in stock and ready to go"...That's NOT what I would call "GOOD customer Service".

Fact, UPS tracking shows the package in Baltimore MD as of today, the 18th. At least it's on it's way.

Now I can understand that some "Custom" or "one off" parts may take a while, that's normal, but when a man says the parts are "in stock and ready to go", there's NO good reason for it to take 11 days to get a package to UPS, especially in New York City, where UPS picks up daily.

According to UPS, they've had no delays due to weather for packages coming from the New York area and it's funny how my other weekly orders from New York showed up, as scheduled, without delay.

Moral of the story, live and learn, and I've learned the hard way.

Now let's just put the whole thing to rest and chalk it up as experience and I'll be an "eventually" satisfied customer.

Nuff Sed!

Warren

Warren,

I definitely understand your frustrations and I know that Chris is a super busy guy as I deal with him (and Michelle) often. I'm not here to say Chris didn't fudge it up. I've been on the waiting end of parts from him too but as best as I can remember it was always a specialty part that just isn't available elsewhere, and if so not for a reasonable price.

What did you order?

If you ever need any trans parts I don't stock much for the 200's or 700's but I keep some stuff on hand for TH350, 400's, 4L80's, etc. I have core parts for most of the GM RWD stuff here.

I can get about any part same day or next day from my local trans vendors at wholesale price. I have basically begun to build racing trans almost full time and may very soon be doing it absolutely full time.

So if you need anything, shoot me an email and I'll see if I can get it for you.

Guest chris718

Sorry for your frustration and delay.my brother in law finally gave in to cancer on 2 9 07 and my cousin christina committed suicide at a strangers house outside of athens greece 4 days later.This certainly is not your problem but has been mentioned only to shed some light on the circumstances surrounding the situation at hand.This has seriously delayed many shipments and cost many much frustration.For this we are sorry but as human beings the importance of mechanical parts is nothing in comparison to the tragic deaths of my beloved relatives.Our tremendous growth over the last few years has sometimes created shipping delays caused by emplyoyees at the company not performing properly.This certainly is no ones responsibility but ours however it has been difficult even with excellent salary to retain top performing individuals in our shippiong department.Im not here making excuses,feel free to retun the parts and we will credit your paypal account promptly.sincerely cristoforos kokkonis @www.ckperformance.com